Pages

Saturday, 9 March 2013

CSI CASE # 62 - REVEAL

Hello Everyone

Well it's that time of the week again :D and here is the new case file over at CSI # 62 and the colours this week are so happy and bright. Why don't you take a look and play along, it really is a lot of fun.


There is also a sketch by Em Starface - this needs to be used for this weeks layout. You may flip, mirror or interpret any way you like :D


Here is how I cracked the case.


Scheme - I used all the colours
Evidence - Fabric (ribbon), Wood (Birdcage) and circles
Testimony - Document a Friendship
Journaling reads:
I first met the sisters Des and Cher (the two in the front) at a class one Thursday morning 10 years ago then shortly after that I met Ilse (next to me) and she joined us too and we have all been friends ever since. Now, 10 years down the line we still meet every Thursday, it is a given that NOTHING interferes with our weekly us time, and even our husbands know better than to organise anything on a Thursday morning. The funniest thing though - is that every Thursday one or more of the hubby’s will phone and ask “where are you?” or they will say “are you scrapping today?” You would have thought that by now they would know, or maybe they are just the tiniest bit jealous that we are so protective of our Thursdays ... We meet for breakfast first and then we go and scrap and chat and catch up for a couple of hours until life calls us back to the real world. Thursdays has now been nicknamed TT for Thursday Therapy  and we guard our group fiercely. A couple of others have come and gone but the four of us remain steadfast.
We are all completely different, but we seem to complement one another perfectly. What I really love about these girls is that although scrapping is the tie that binds us, we understand one another, we know each others’ stories, families, and all the ups and downs that make up the fabric of our lives. Thursdays is the time and place to vent, brag, and bounce ideas off of each other and what happens at TT stays at TT, anything that is said at TT is not repeated, judged or knocked, it is our safe place where anything can be thrashed out and resolved, and I trust these girls with my life, they give the best advice if I need it, they will tell me if I am in the wrong or at fault, and they are merciless in reminding me not to make the same mistakes twice, but they are also my biggest supporters and cheerleaders and when it comes to all my artistic endeavours, and they praise lavishly.
There is a saying that goes
“You can always tell when two people are best friends because they are having more fun than it makes sense for them to be having.”
This is completely true for the four of us. We know with just a look what each other is thinking. We have the same sense of humour, the same morals and values, the same taste in most things and we can talk about anything or nothing and I know that a lot of people are envious of the bond that we share. I am grateful every single day for these three girls and I know that there are friends for a reason, friends for a season and then friends for a lifetime and this is them, and I love them.

Here are a couple of closeups... the papers were from Crate paper and the flowers were fussy cut from Authenique papers.



The wooden birdcage was one I had in my stash from who knows where. I cute the butterflies with my Martha Stewart punch.


Thanks for taking a look :)






7 comments:

  1. love the layout and how you cracked the case, awesome colours too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you clustered the the elements around your photo and and the bottom. Beautiful cut work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab colours - really lovely 'story' & the little hearts are soooo cute:)):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. While the layout is grand and the photo(s) gorgeous, it is the "journaling" that has captured my heart. Each in the TT Group is lucky to have the others!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear you Val. I meet with my therapy friends on Fridays and all the attributes of your little gang apply to mine. How blessed we are. As for the design - It's a stunner. Love the flowers drifting around the page and the colours on the title :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So great to have a great bunch of friends...they certainly add colour to one's life! I love your page and the details..you did a stunning job! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete