Pages

Wednesday, 6 March 2013

GOOD NEWS!!!

Hello everyone

I am back, I am just about caught up chasing my tail, and I said I had some good news to share with you.... :D First up ...

I have been invited to join CSI as a Design Team Member and I am over the moon. I found CSI last year around case file # 42 and I have been playing along every week since. Now you all know that I love this site and it has challenged me week after week and helped me grow beyond anything I could have imagined and it has also helped me find my voice :D I am so happy to do this and so grateful for the opportunity. It's going to be a wonderful ride.

Here is this weeks case file...

and I chose this months sketch challenge from Scrap Friends - isn't it just a stunning sketch. I love it.



Here is my take on the sketch and the case file.


This was such an easy layout for me to do - I just love when that happens.

Scheme    - I used all of the colours
Evidence  - Butterflies, buttons and string
Testimony - Document a dream
My journaling reads :D

I think all my life my dream has been to have a life where I am able to create each and every day without having to worry about anything else. A selfish dream I know but there you go. Aren’t dreams allowed to be selfish?
Anyway, ever since I was a little girl I have loved to make stuff I used to sit and watch my grandmother who was an accomplished crafter, and she would patiently teach me how to sew, knit, bake or make things, then as I got older I went to classes to learn other things like pottery, decoupage, mosaic, macramé, card making, painting and I even taught myself to crochet off the internet. I have done them all to some degree or another and believe it or not made money from them too but then I found scrapbooking and it was like I had come home, but soon after that I really wanted to learn photography so that I could take beautiful pictures to go along with my stories and so I did that too. All the time I have been working towards something – and I have achieved all the little goals that I have set along the way and each time I get there I am asked “Is this it?” “Are you done now?” and I have to say that the answer is NO! I am not done yet. I have everything thing that I want right now and that I have visualised and asked for up to now and now I will aim a little higher. For me you stop growing when you stop learning, and when you stop growing there is nothing left to live for.
And.... as I was planning this page and my story on Sunday I read my horoscope and this is what it had to say...
“It could seem that the future holds unlimited possibilities for you, which could inspire you to invest more fully in your dreams today. You might notice that there is little that holds you back in this world except for your own ideas. This would be a good time to consider the power you have to manifest your dreams.”

Then I received not ONE but TWO emails with wonderful news for me...Sunday was a great day
J

Which brings me to my other piece of good news.


I have had a sketch created from one of my layouts for Volume 2 of Creative Sketches.





you can visit Creative Sketches to order your copy and you can use this code CWS2Discount to get a discount of $2.00 on the digital version, this really is a great go to book for when you are stuck for ideas or inspiration. I have Volume 1 already and I have used it such a lot.

Here is my layout that is featured in the magazine. 


Thanks for taking a look ... I will be back soon.




14 comments:

  1. you deserve the fulfillment of all your dreams and your voice is beautiful. keep be so inspiring
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, babe! YOu deserve this and all your work is truly inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big congrats to you! Wow, love your Lo for the mag,the photos and colours are just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. An excellent sketch, Val, but your creativity made it come alive!! Great photo, in both b'n'w and color. Glad to see you on CSI--I need to check that out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Val, doubly so! I love your creation for CSI, it is beautiful, stunning, colorful, and so full of meaning. A lovely thing to document. I keep watching CSI and thinking about playing along, but the challenges are so complicated. You may have inspired me to try! Can't wait to see your DT creations.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. fabulous layout, really great :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK - where to start? CONGRATS on the CSI gig - I thought you were on the DT already!!! LOVE your comments & your LOs over there....now I know where you 'hang' in bloggy land, I've joined your blog!!!2nd, CONGRATS on Creative Scrappers...pretty darn exciting, that!!! And 3rdly...your LO ROCKS---love how you incorporated our Scrap Friends skethc & GREAT to see you playing along:):) Hope you come again.....!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the DT post at CSI...ao awesome for you! Really love this page you did...it is really one of my favourites and you did a stunning job with it! Love the sentiment as always...you have certainly become the story-teller! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay to all of your good news. I was so excited to see you join CSI. Your work is just fabulous. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAY! I am so happy for you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Val those are really exciting news indeed!!! I am so happy for you. Congrats on the DT and your publication! And love your interpretation of the sketch;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well I can totally see why you would have been chosen...are you kidding me? That layout is STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. really like this one! the colors look great together! thanks for playing along with us at ScrapFriends!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your take on this sketch...the colours you've used look amazing!

    ReplyDelete