Pages

Wednesday, 27 March 2013

MEETING LILY

Hello Everyone

Well it's hump day and we are at the end of March already and I really don't know what happens to the days. I am feeling a little overwhelmed at the moment and then I realised I just need to sit back and BREATHE! So that is what I am doing, but while I am BREATHING I decided to do all my computer filing and admin. I have folders of STUFF on my computer... Holiday stuff, DT stuff, Admin stuff and so it goes on and then once a month I sort it all and put it where is should be. That way I know if I am behind, ahead or on track and I am less likely to forget something. Well that is the reasoning behind it all. I am a little under the whip at the moment and feeling the pressure and doing this helps me to manage my time a little more effectively.

SO - while I was cleaning up I found this layout that I never got round to posting so I am doing it now. :D This was a Let's Scrap layout and the sketch was done by Michelle van Wyk.


Here is my layout based on the sketch.


Meeting Lily is kind of a cool story. Through Facebook I met a whole bunch of scrap bookers from all over South Africa, some I knew in real life and others through cyber space and we became really friendly and one of the girls who I knew moved from Johannesburg to Durban, She had two golden retrievers, Samson and Delilah... yes for real:) anyway she had a litter of pups and one of the other girls we met already had two and was after a third one, and so the plan was hatched. We were all going to meet for lunch. Candice and her hubby came to stay with us at our holiday home, and Candice and I drove through 
to Tiffany so that Candice could choose a pup and I got to take photos of these adorable pups, then we all went for lunch and finally got to meet, which was really cool. 

I took loads of photos of the pups and these ones are just so sweet I could not resist using them. I love Authentique papers and these colours seemed perfect for this perfect little girl.


I changed the sketch around a little because my photos were different sizes so I dropped the three tags on the left hand page and opted for a file folder and one tag instead.


I only used two tags at the top ...


The back of one of the pieces of paper had these lovely poppies which I fussy cut then glued micro beads into the centers. The grey Bazzill was punched with a Martha Stewart punch then I added bling to the holes. I
Thanks for taking a look.



3 comments:

  1. Hoping we can meet sooon too! Look forward to the photos we can take of each other to scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These puppies are just adorable and I like the red/grey colour scheme you used. Especially love the red poppies with the micro beads...Gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet documentation of a great layout, Val! Great sketch, too, Michelle!! Love the color palette and those bits of interest as embellishments! You must keep getting better and better, Val! ;-)

    ReplyDelete