Pages

Saturday, 23 March 2013

CSI - CASE #64 REVEAL

Hello Everyone 
It is Saturday which means there is a new case file out at CSI  and here it is.

I used another sketch from Scrap Friends.


And ... here is my layout I used papers from Authentique which were perfect for the case and also for what I wanted to do.


Here's how I solved the case this week.
Scheme - all the colours are there
Evidence - Bird,stamps, words as embellishements, circles, Stencils and penwork
Testimony - Document what you love about you

Journalling Reads :
The quote “The journey awakens the Soul” is never truer than for me. I have had a lot, in fact more than most people, to contend with in my 57 years. Sexually abused from the age of 5, sent alone with two younger brothers to a strange new country to live with people we had never met at 9. My mother falling desperately ill when I was 11, being expelled from school at 17 and married at 21, I have lived though a terrorist war, had my home bombed while I was in it, left my family to move to another country at 23 lost my mother at 24 had my first child at 30 and suffered from bad postpartum depression. A husband who was away for three weeks of every month, a full time job with a hours travel either way, two kids and no domestic help – I should be a basket case but I am not (well that may depend on whose point of view you take), I have never thought or felt like a victim. I have risen above it all. At 42 I went through menopause and that is when I nearly lost it, but thanks to the weekly support of a wonderful therapist, medication and daily meditation I managed to hold it together and overcome that too, and I may be cracked but I am not broken, and I am a much stronger person for it.
I have never thought “Why me?” because when I look around I see that there are so many people who have much worse situations to contend with, but I have thought, on occasion, it would be nice if it just slowed to a trot for a while just so that I can catch my breath. My thinking has always been “I will do what I need to do to get through this” – I have never felt sorry for myself, or wanted pity, for me it has always been a case of “it is what it is”. So if I can’t change the situation I can change how I look at it, or how I let it define me. I have screwed up big time and I have achieved great things too, there are many things that I wish I could do over again with the wisdom I have now but I can’t, and I have stopped feeling bad about that because I now realise that without all these humps in the road I would not be the person that I am today and I like person I am today.
I have learned with there is no pleasure without pain. There is no happiness without the anger, there is no love without loss, no rainbows without rain. I have learned that I can’t please all the people all the time, I have learned that it is not my issue what people think of me. I have learned also that I am smart, capable, funny, dependable, talented and also a little different, and I have learned that this is ok too. Above all I have learned to trust my gut because it is NEVER wrong. I have learned to say NO. I have learned that I disappoint people all the time but that they get over it. I have learned to love myself, to accept that I am not perfect and that that is OK too. I have learned that I am strong, kind, generous, dependable and wise. I am who I am. I am woman, I am strong hear me ROARRRR!

This song by Helen Reddy sums it all up for me :D
I am woman, hear me roar
In numbers too big to ignore
And I know too much to go back an' pretend
'cause I've heard it all before
And I've been down there on the floor
No one's ever gonna keep me down again
Oh yes I am wise
But it's wisdom born of pain
Yes, I've paid the price
But look how much I gained
If I have to, I can do anything
I am strong, I am invincible, I am woman
You can bend but never break me
'cause it only serves to make me
More determined to achieve my final goal
And I come back even stronger
Not a novice any longer
'cause you've deepened the conviction in my soul
Oh yes I am wise
But it's wisdom born of pain
Yes, I've paid the price
But look how much I gained
If I have to, I can do anything
I am strong, I am invincible, I am woman.

Here are some closeups of what I did. I used some green textured paste to make the hearts and the flower lower down and also the little lines on the other side of the photo. Then I put in some ruled lines in black and added the coffee stains and splats.

 

You can see the lines better in this one. Buttons were sewn on.


The fussy cut bird was added and the flowers... in this one you can see the gesso flower with the micro beads in thecenter.


I also used my Tim Holtz stamps to stamp sayings that are applicable to both my page and to me. Thanks for taking a look :D








4 comments:

  1. I hear you roarin...nah, just jiving you:):) But I was nodding my head as I read your journaling!!! LOVE those textured hearts & the flower....really lovely, strong page:):):)!!!!!!!!1

    ReplyDelete
  2. sensational Val , and so much courage and spirit resides within you ... you are loved by more than you know xxooxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS take on that sketch!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Val that is amazing and agree sometimes people are sent far more than there share but what do you do? Yep you solider on. I could list as well all the stuff I have been through including Cancer and I haven't even reached 57 and I hope that one day I can say I'm 57 even with all life has to throw at me. And 60 what a great mile stone now to look forward. Love, this page as well you did an amazing job on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete