Pages

Saturday, 2 March 2013

SCRAP YOUR STORY LIVE :D

Hello Everyone

This is such a super exciting day - Scrap Your Story has gone live :D If you haven't heard about it yet, head on over to Scrap Your Story to check it all out.

This weeks challenge is... JUST ONE PHOTO!. That is all... any size, any sketch, any theme in fact anything you like :D Easy peasy right?

Here is my sketch for this challenge and you can find loads of inspiration over at the blog from all the other DT members, another reason to check it out :D


I knew exactly what photo I wanted to use and I decided to paint, and create my own paper. I started with a piece of white card stock and drew some random lines and the outline of a plate, because I already had my photo choosing colours was easy...once the colours were washed on I sprinkled on some sea salt... you can see it better on the green than the other two colours but it leaves a pretty cool watercolour effect. Then I drew in the lines using a black liner and added the doodled bits. The quote, which reads "It pleases me to photograph my garden, and it pleases my garden to make my photographs look professional" by Robert Brault was written around the edge of the circle. I then stamped on the black flowers, added the washi tape, flowers and the bling. Then the whole layout was finished off with the title which was been painted and dimension glazed. 

This was something completely different for me to try and so much fun to do. So head on over and check out the other layouts and then play along, there is a wonderful prize to be won and the chance to be a guest designer.

Thanks for taking a look.




12 comments:

  1. I gotta tell you....this layout is one of my favs...not just of the reveal, but ever. It has such an artistic feel!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! The colors are fantastic, the quote is perfect, and the painting and drawing that you did is amazing! Then you have the fabulous photo to top it all off! Thanks so much for sharing and delighting!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the paint work, fabulous, very arty :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow such a lovely page!! I just wanted to share with you i have nominated your blog for a Liebster Award :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely arty feel to this page which combines so well with the flower photo and the flower stamping. I'm a fan of the salt technique too...I have one drying at the moment. oh and I really like the circular journalling :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love making my own paper, so much so I don't buy printed any more! Love what you did here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl, you rocked that background!! Lovely work, Miss Val!! I hope to find some time to play along with you!! Thanks for all the love on my blog . . . your a true sweetheart!! Lots of love, R!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great layout! Love your background.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Val, thanks for all the sweet comments on my blog. I just realized that I'm not following your blog. How is that possible? I rectified it and am now a follower! LOVE this layout you did it is soooo creative! I love the painting and the all black embellishments just jump of the page. Gorgeous photo as well. Fantastic work! Also, to answer your question, my "My Girl - Smile" layout is a traditional paper layout. Have a fantastic week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great layout Val...I love the photo and love what you did with the background! It really emphasises the gorgeous photo! Beautiful work as always! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super layout, my friend! Awesome color palette, not to mention that great photo! You never cease to amaze!

    ReplyDelete