Pages

Saturday, 23 March 2013

SCRAP YOUR STORY REVEAL

Hello Again

I have another reveal for you today - I should have posted last night but my internet has been down... some broken cable off the coast of Egypt :( makes me very grumpy when I am disconnected :)

Anyway here it is Challenge # 4 from Scrap Your Story and this weeks challenge is embossing... heat or dry embossing - just make sure you have some on your page.

I chose to use a sketch from OUAS as inspiration for my layout.


Here is my layout. GRATITUDE.


I went with a plain white background and used some papers that were left over from another layout I did... they are by Authentique and are among one of my favourite ranges. Because of the vibrant colours of the photo I added red and the beige from the script paper. All the tags and little mats were embossed using my cuttlebug which is by far my favourite tool. I added some Tim Holtz distress stain splats and then stamped the saying on the left hand side. We often forget to enjoy the simple things and for me those simple things are what I am truly grateful for. I also added some washi tape and lastly the lovely red poppies and white daisies which I folded over and tucked in.

Thanks for taking a look.



9 comments:

  1. wow Val this is divine , so rich in design and color .... love love love this so much xoxo
    we are kindred spirits Val connected by art and so much more ... sending love and hugz to you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yip, also feeling the Egypt disconnection, driving me potty! Love your page, so striking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love creating single-photo layouts as they allow you to be versatile with "supporting cast" members--like adding your luscious tags and vibrant scraps! A beautiful combination of elements and color--showcasing one amazing photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just so beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great design and vibrant colours combined with the embossing, make this a standout for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous work Val love all the bright colours. Grrr no internet how frustrating!!! Was wondering why I hadn't seen you around lately have missed our chats on CCG.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could look at this forever. Gorgeous work using one of my favorite Authentique lines.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! Those gorgeous bright pops of colour & how you used the tags is FABULOUS:):)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Val, this is a gorgeous page! The photograph is beautiful and the bright colours on the white background are perfect with it. Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete