Pages

Friday, 29 March 2013

SEW GRATEFUL

Hi Everyone

I am here with a new post :) it's reveal time over at Scrap Your Story and this weeks challenge is to incorporate cork into your layout. Any where, any how. Go and take a look at the inspiration from the Design Team and play along.

Here is my layout ... I used a black background so that the colours would really pop and I changed my photos to sepia.



I have a couple of close ups so you can see what I did. The pink border was cut with a Martha Stewart punch and then doodled. The SEW was covered with cork and then I doodled on it with a white gel pen and then added the pearls.


The bobbins at the  bottom were also covered in cork and then I just wound around some embroidery thread. The saying was cut out and added.


I covered the dress form with paper and painted the leg of it.


Some pink tape measure ribbon was pleated and added on the other side of the layout and then I just embellished the rest of the layout.

Thanks for taking a look and I hope that you will play along at Scrap Your Story.




7 comments:

  1. Sew cute [couldn't resist THAT, could I}...LOVE those little reels with real cotton!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning craft room and sew neat (joining in with Lizzie here). How organised everything looks....I'd love to have all my punches displayed like that. Like the design with the multiple photos and the sewing theme throughout....the quote is fab too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! The colors are perfect (especially the sepia photos!) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many great details here! LOVE the way everything POPS off that black background and the way you've played off the theme with your title! Fun page, Val, and FABULOUS room!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous layout and you have a wonderful craft room!! Love what you did with the cork, I'll have to try that with some of my leftovers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything about this is just toooo sweet. The title, the cuts, even that CORK!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such an adorable layout! I love your cork elements... well, I love all the elements! Great job!

    ReplyDelete