Pages

Wednesday, 3 April 2013

CAPTURED MEMORIES

Hello Everyone

It's hump day which means we are half way to the weekend again... It also means that the new sketch is up at Let's Scrap and here is is.


Here is my take on the sketch. I had more photos so I flipped it and changed it a little to suit me. Sorry Debby. That is the great thing about sketches - often you start in one direction and end up in another..


Most of you know that I love to take photos of random stuff and so often these photos never get used anywhere and I decided that this was the perfect layout for them. I chose papers from Authentique the "Loyal" range because they went with the photos so well. The background page is plain card stock on which I created a few splats using my Tim Holtz distress stains. This particular colour is peeled paint and was a perfect match for the paper. 


I used this chipboard  for my title because it is perfect for my layout and I just inked the edges and left it as is. I also used a couple of little banners up here .


I used the same banners in the opposite bottom corner and this quote which is one of my favourites and seems like a bit of a mantra at the moment after having done my photography course.


I used some flowers and some chipboard elements here with a ticket to finish it off. If you would like to play along at Let's Scrap you can find loads of inspiration HERE.

Thanks for taking a look.



5 comments:

  1. Hi, Val! I have gotten behind in my blog visits, so, for that, I apologize! I really like the Let's Scrap sketch this week, but, like you, I always consider a sketch a starting point--never knowing quite where I will end up! I also love the "chippies" that you have used (wish we could get those in the U.S.)! Love your still life photography as well as that wonderful advice in the lower right-hand corner! Another very well documented layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had not seen that quote before, but rather like it. Think I am going to have to scrap lift it, cos I, like you am always behind the lens. Seems I see the world through my camera!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love a good double and this is wonderful for displaying lots of photos in a clean, crisp way....love that quote too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I just LOVE to see two-pagers, Val, and this one is so well executed! Absolutely perfect, and I'm loving those green splotches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh WOW!! another double-pager and such a wonderful one too!! this is really fantastic!! so many photos and it still doesn't look crowded, you're a genius!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete