Pages

Saturday, 6 April 2013

CSI CASE #66 - REVEAL

Hello everyone

I am here with another reveal from CSI and these weeks colours remind me of winter, and the temperature has dropped dramatically in the last few day and all the leaves are falling off the trees... time for fires and warm jammies and slippers :) Here is the case file...

This week I used this sketch from Michele Singh at Cest Magnifique (They have a wonderful giveaway on at the moment to - you should totally check it out)


Here is what I did with the case.


First of all I have to say that I really struggled with photographing this layout. I looks dirty and no matter where or how I tried to take this photo I could not get the colours right, but there you go.

The Scheme - I used all of the colours which were white, light grey, dark grey, black and red.
Evidence      - Buttons, hearts, flair, ribbon, dog accent (the photos)
Testimony    - Document a pet (well what I learned from my pets), handwritten journalling (on the back of the layout), something funny.
Journalling reads...

What I have learned from my Dogs
1              Life doesn’t get any better than this.
2              Mark your territory, it’s your right.
3              Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joy ride
4              Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face to be pure ecstasy.
5              When it is in your best interest practice obedience.
6               Take long naps... stretch.
7              Run, bark and play every day.
8              Eat with gusto.
9              Be loyal and love unconditionally.
10           Never pretend to be something you are not.
11           If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.
12           When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close and nuzzle them gently.
13           Thrive on attention and let people touch you.
14           Avoid biting when a simple growl will do.
15           On hot days drink lots of water, swim and lay under the shade of a tree.
16           When you are happy – be vocal, dance around and shake your whole body.
17           No matter how often you are scolded, don’t buy into the guilt trip and sulk... run right back and      make friends.
18           Bond with your pack – they are all you have.
19           Delight in the simple joy of a long walk.
20           Long after you are gone, remain a memory in your masters’ dreams.
21           Treat each new day as an adventure.
22           Don’t carry a grudge.
23           Looks can be deceiving – don’t assume anything, and a pretty face will take you far.
24           Always run like the gate was left open.
25           Never miss an opportunity for hugs and kisses.

Here are some close ups of what I did.

I used paper from Basic Grey... Black Tie I think because it had the light grey and black in it. I also changed my photos to black and white.  I started with some gesso on the background paper, smeared in strips and also a stencil in the top and bottom corners of the layout. The paper is torn under the buttons and I distressed the edges. The chipboard circles were painted with some white paint and some red paint and then I added some micro beads to it too. I then made some random white lines on the layout with a pizza wheel and white paint.

The photos were printed out to look like polaroids and I added this red Evidence rub on... I mean seriously - how cute is Karma? The buttons were sewn on down along the tear.


The flowers go along the under side of the photos among the chipboard circles. Where I added this piece of flair and the title "PAWZ for though...

 

Thanks for taking a look and I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.




11 comments:

  1. I am totally in love with this layout Val..it is gorgeous and so heartwarming and your take on that beautiful sketch is stunning :)LOVE the colours!! Looks dirty?? Noooooo!! Nothing like that...it is fantastic!!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the journaling, so true. Great take on this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've noticed grey can be difficult to photograph correctly as well. I don't have any answers though. A friend once tried to explain about degrees of Kelvin, but it was all too complicated for me. That said, the grey looks perfect on my screen. Inspired page with the beautiful dog and the wise words :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your buttons, love your pawz title & really, really had a good giggle about your journaling ...but soooo true:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just love this doggie layout, Val! CSI comes up with the best case challenges! Love your thoughts on what you have learned from your dog(s)! A lesson to us all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this layout! and your title and your journalling...having a few dogs of my own...I understand everyword LOL Fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great layout Val and love those sweet photo's and wonderful journalling! I think your photo's are perfect! I love the splashes of red... you have nailed the case as always! Such fabulous work! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous page Val! Love the thorough journaling and precious photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful page. I have printed out your journaling and stuck it to my fridge- I love your view of life. Oh and your dog is adorable :)))

    ReplyDelete
  10. These photos are ADORABLE! I'm so impressed that you continue to complete these CSI cases. I keep looking at them and then decide it is way too much to start with, LOL! Love that you converted the pics to B&W.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nope! doesn't look dirty at all! I totally loved your LO from starters!! gorgeously created with the pops of red and the darling journalling! she is such an adorable little fur baby! You sure nailed the case file!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete