Pages

Saturday, 13 April 2013

CSI CASE #67 - NEW REVEAL

Hello Everyone,

Today I have the new case file reveal at CSI, and here is what we have for you this week.


Also included in this weeks case file is another sketch by Em Starface to be incorporated. Here is a close up of just the sketch.


And here is my take on the case.


Scheme    - I used all of the colours.
Evidence  - Stars, use pen and wate rcolour pencils, outline with pen and plain cardstock.
Testimony - Handwritten journalling (the quote on  the front) and journalling on the back..

My Journalling reads:

I found these photos of my kids while rummaging through my father in law's trunk of photo albums. There were only these two of when they were around five and two and I don’t know why but it always makes me catch my breath in amazement when I see just how much these two love each other and just how close they really are. Clint has always been so protective of Storm, always taking her under his wing and making sure that she is ok. You can’t really see the photo behind, because it was such a bad one but I had to use it anyway, but he is looking at her with such love and caring. Storm is the only granddaughter among six grandsons three older, one the same age and two younger and when they were all together Clint always made sure that she was included in their games, holding her hand and making sure that she was not left out or left behind, helping her to understand the rules of engagement. If he got sweets or some treat he would always share them with her, never holding out. It has always been this way for the two of them... them against the world, and they would not have it any other way. They are still the very best of friends and even though now they look out for one another he is still so protective of her, keeping her in his sight all the time.

And here are some close-ups...


First of all I used a new cog stencil that I got from Prima, once it was dry I used my water colour crayons and a water brush to apply some colour to the cogs and then spritzed the layout with an Adirondak colour wash - Expresso. The banners and mats were then put together and I also used a bit of  washi tape just under the photos that has friends on it, and also slid in the bingo cards.


I added two rows of bunting that I sewed together and put my quote here too.


The layout was then finished with some bling on the bunting and some flowers. 

Thanks for taking a look :) have a great weekend.






8 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS!!! Going to go over and give these colors a try. I Love all the misting, and I LOVE how you used all the colors, it all looks so vibrant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a tender moment, such a tender life for these sibings! And, you have documented with the rules, but, at the same time, with love and appreciation for their caring! It just doesn't get any better than that, Val!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your interpretation of the sketch. It seems a rare and wonderful thing for brother and sister to be so caring of each other. Beautiful :_

    ReplyDelete
  4. Val, this is really adorable. The photos are just too precious! I love how you used the bingo cards...yet another thing I have that I just can't seem to get to look right on a page. I also love those banners. They look so free and fun. I'm going to save this LO and scraplift it. I noticed that I've been doing that a lot with your layouts. :) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful take on the sketch and colours Val! Just popping in to say THANK YOu for your lovely comments - they make me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything about your work is fabulous! Wonderful story too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great page Val and love the journalling and sentiment as always! You are such a heartfelt scrapper...it's soo awesome! Love the background work and your layering! Super! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another beautiful page and always I love your journalling!

    ReplyDelete