Pages

Wednesday, 10 April 2013

LAST DT REVEAL FOR THIS TERM

Hello Everyone 

It's Hump Day... OMG I don't know where the time goes...

I have another reveal for you today and it is the last one for this DT term at Let's Scrap. I have enjoyed working with all the girls on the DT for last four months and will miss them. I wish the incoming DT a wonderful new term, designing, making new friends and sharing knowledge. Here is the final sketch for this term.


Here is what I did with it.


I used a new range of papers from Farmhouse and I just love the colours and the slightly distressed look of the papers and thought they would be perfect for these photos taken from a lunch we had when we took my FIL away for his 87th birthday. I loved the brick background paper and so I cut away in a few places to reveal the card stock behind and just used some water colour in those exposed areas. I then went and inked it up a bit with Tim Holtz distress inks just to darken some areas then stamped with a distress stamp and the coffee stains. As you can see my layout doesn't look anything like the sketch but I had more photos to use. (Sorry Debby de Wilde:))


I added a banner in the top left hand corner, and a couple of long pennants at the bottom, I also fussy cut one of the flowers from the reverse side of on of the papers just to bring the blue in. The title was painted with the same colour blue.


I used the same pennants on the top of the right had page. I kept it really simple because I really liked the papers and didn't want to hide them.

My journalling is on the back and says...

All Dad wanted for his birthday this year was to see the sea again. When Simon was a baby they spent 6 months down at St Michael's on Sea which is the beach next door to where we have our holiday home in Uvongo, all he really wanted was to go back to all the places they had been so many years ago. We had already booked him a night at Lords of the Manor which meant the long seven hour trip would be broken up, maybe we could pull this off. We insisted that when we got to the flat that we would get a wheelchair for him, but he was dead against that feeling that it would take away some of his independence. We live on the third floor and it is a really long passage and we knew that he would not manage the walk and so we didn't let up on the issue and we got the wheelchair. It allowed him to come with us everywhere that we went without the worry of getting too tired, oh we had a ball and one of the outings was to take him to lunch at the Waffle house which is one of the most popular restaurants on the South Coast. The ciders were ice cold, the view tranquil and relaxing, the food is decadent and delicious and the company was superb, and he loved every minute of it. Just one of his birthday treats. :)

Thanks for taking a look.






9 comments:

  1. Ohhh...I love this lo! Its beautiful! I love all the banners you used and really love how you ripped the brick paper to expose the card stock under. I will have to remember that technique.
    Tfs!
    ClaireR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh...I love this lo! Its beautiful! I love all the banners you used and really love how you ripped the brick paper to expose the card stock under. I will have to remember that technique.
    Tfs!
    ClaireR

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just my sort of page...lotsa photos & memories, GREAT colours & boy colors & some texture s well!!! Your journaling sent shivers up my spine, too:):) They do WONDERFUL sketches to work with...think I'm going to join another blog....eeekkkk!!!!!!!!! TFS:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let's Scrap will surely miss you, Val! This layout is just one example why...great attention to detail! I am sure your father had a wonderful day. Revisiting childhood memories is good for the soul! Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you exposed some cardstock behind and the distressing works wonderfully with the papers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not sure where you got the extrta 24 hours in every day Val, but you sure put them to good use with your scrapping output. Now if only I knew where to go to get some for myself!!! Seriously, this is a beautiful page. I love the use of lots of photos and I love even more the story about how you made this man's birthday so memorable. Great stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Val! I LOVE this layout and what you did with the sketch. I think you improved it greatly, no offense to sweet Debby. :) I also love what you did with that brick paper, so ingenious. I saved this to scraplift, hope you don't mind. Yes, I have been rather quiet lately in the scrapping world, to much real world work going on. Maddie is definitely growing and so energetic, LOL. Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE your journalling Val! my MIL is 88 and I can totally relate to everything about wanting to manage on their own. So glad your FIL had such a wonderful time and everything went so well.
    My gosh! a double page! have only made one of them in my whole life, such brill work! Super choice of papers and so clever to rip the paper to show the cardstock. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great boy page...especially for this older boy!!! ;-) Love the patterned papers and the super photo's! Great take on this sketch! ;-)

    ReplyDelete