Pages

Sunday, 21 April 2013

MY LIFE

Hello Everyone

Well it is still pretty cold here but the sun in shining and the birds are busy at the feeder so it is a great day. DH is busy playing on his computer and so I am able to get in some scrappy time... lol like I need it :P

I have been putting all my layouts into their correct albums and I found this one that I did at a class the other night. Yes, I went to my first class in about 10 years :) Kathi - who took the class is an amazing lady and she is such a talented scrapper and I love her layouts and I wanted to get out so I went and played along. Easy scrapping - I didn't have to think about a thing as the layout was already done. All I had to do was go along, drink some wine, have some fun and come home with a layout. So thank you Kathi and all the other ladies who made it so much fun...

Here is the finished layout.


The papers are all from FarmHouse... and I love them. I started with a cream background because I thought it went with the papers better, the photos were of Simon and I with our good friends John and Dee taken at Taste of Joburg day. We had such fun. The weather was gorgeous, the company was fun and the food and drink was plentiful. Just my kind of life. :) 


I added a little cluster in here, just because I could :) and I changed the banners to a mix and sewed the tops of them. Most of the embellishments on the layout apart from the bling and the flowers were all from the same range.


I think the balloons were my favourite part of this paper. They are just so much fun. I fussy cut two of them, diamond glazed some of the panels and raised them up a bit and added a little flower for some pizzaz!


This is the bigger one at the bottom left and I found a few sayings which fit my theme perfectly. I also added some bling to some of the banners.


The title came with the papers as did some of the words. The 'Love My' and 'Memories' and so on.

I did the journalling on the back which says...

What a wonderful day we had at the 'Taste of Joburg Day', just the four of us. The weather was fine, the company was great and the food and drink was plentiful. Just my kind of day, roaming from stall to stall having a little taste of everything. I still have to say that Margaritas are my favourite drink and the fact these were served in 'yard of ale' glasses - yummy. Food - the oysters of course. We did go back there for seconds. I got some wonderful photos... Tell me does it get better than this? I think not!


11 comments:

  1. Love it!! Gorgeous layout and that balloon is just FAB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A classy page Val....I like the mix of pp and the bold balloons :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous...sounds like a fun night & you've got a beautifully matching LO to remember it by...I really like that balloon, too - looks fabulous:):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agreed that the balloons are perfect embellishments for this fun layout. You know that "adults at play" is one of my most favorite topic for a layout, and this one does not disappoint, Val!

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous work , love the hot air balloon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wine and scrapbooking? You can't go wrong! This is gorgeous, Val...the balloon looks amazing, your colors are spot on, and all the tiny details really pull it together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love love love this Val, such a striking page wit beautiful detail xoxo
    thanks for your love on The paper Mixing bowl x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous double pager....looove the styling and details here! Fabulous papers used and of course, fabulous photo's! The balloon is really super too! Gorgeous page!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I love the hot-air balloons! Beautiful layout. Thanks for visiting my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete