Pages

Friday, 12 April 2013

NEW CHALLENGE AT SCRAP YOUR STORY


Hello Everyone
It is Friday night and that means there is a new challenge up at Scrap your Story and this week it is a skectch challenge. I hope that you will play along and you can check out what the DT did with the sketch HERE.

This is the sketch for this week.



Here is my take on the challenge.


I decided to use Kraft paper as my background and I used my brick stencil with some gesso to replicate the bricks in the photos, which I then water coloured too. The papers are from MME and the colours were perfect. I used circles and banners and then added a quote that says "Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory." Seemed fitting for the photos of this old Church in Bristol . I was totally captivated by the beautiful lush ferns growing out of the brickwork. Journalling on the back.

My Journalling reads...

I am not a religious person by any stretch of the imagination but I do have very strong spiritual views and beliefs. I am drawn to all manner of religious buildings, from cathedrals, to temples and everything in between. For me the one thing that they do all have in common is a sense of peace and tranquility which I find very reassuring and comforting. I found this old church while I was wandering through the streets of Bristol on my last visit. These were the photos that I took. Nothing else. Made me think of new life. :)

Happy Scrapping!



10 comments:

  1. Love ur wall great colours too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so cool!!! i like kraft and this wall!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What don't I love here?! The colors are gorgeous, the gesso bricks, the doodling, the quote, it's all perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Val, I seem to always love what you do, but this is an exception! This one, I *really* love! From the Gesso'd bricks to the butterflies, to the scribbling and lining, to those photos and flowers--it's all good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got me with the textured bricks!! And BRISTOL...LOVE that place:):):) Gorgeous, soft, feel about this one...really nice:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sheer perfection....as Kay said, I always love what you do, especially love the cluster ant the triangulated buttons :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello my lovely dovely! FINALLY a moment for visiting! Thank you so so much for all your visits and wonderful comment that you have left for me in so many places during such a long time. Thank you infinitely!! mwah mwah mwah!
    I love visiting churches too even if I'm not religious in the traditional sense. Can totally relate to the feeling you're referring too. LOVE the brickwork and the photos, beautiful take on the sketch darling! Coming to London early October, any chance you'd be planning a shopping trip?! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is GORGEOUS!!! I love what you did with the sketch and that "brick" wall looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Val, I am just loving everything you are creating to pieces! Those bricks are great. You said you used gesso. Did you just apply with a palette knife? It looks like so much texture. I also really love those banners with the reverse circles cut in them and the penwork on them. I always think it looks so lovely on other layouts, but I never think to include it. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great take on the sketch Val and love that you used the kraft paper for your background...it makes everything else just pop! Love the brickwork and those super photo's! ;-)

    ReplyDelete