Pages

Thursday, 25 April 2013

NEW CHALLENGE AT LET'S SCRAP

Hello Everyone

Well it is Thursday and I never posted yesterday :( we had a 24 hour power cut. Made me very grumpy, but TT sorted me out and I am my usual charming self again :)

Here is the new sketch over at Let's Scrap, there is also loads of eye candy to be seen in the gallery.


I made a card for a change ... I don't really make many cards anymore and when I do make them I really enjoy them.


The thing I really love about making cards is that you can use stuff from your stash. I used up some left over MME paper which I really liked. I stamped the sentiment in sepia colour ink and then watercoloured the rose and the little bee. I added the mesh and the ribbon and finally the rose and the Memories sentiment. I am pretty happy with how it turned out.


I also made a card for a friend of mine, to go with a parcel. I also used left over scraps of cardstock and stamped the saying in black. A quick fun card.




7 comments:

  1. These are so adorable. Especially love the Memories one! I was just reading something on Pinterest about how making cards and tags is the best way to use up your scraps...I think I might have to give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous cards Val1 Your blog is freaking out on me and your sidebar is all appearing under your posts?!? On 3G as Telkom is down yet again - maybe that is why...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both your cards, Val (and that sketch!). One more serious, the other more playful. I am still using cards that I made in the Let's Scrap blog hop last year. Like you, it's something I don't do often, but it is nice to have a stash of cards (yes, mine are from stash, too) on hand!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are both beautiful Val....I'm not sure where you get the extra 24 hours you seem to have in every day though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards! Nice to do them for a change, I always think - & folks really appreciate the effort you go to, which is also nice:):):) Love how you've mixed square shapes with the circular...great layers:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, gorgeous card Val!! I too love making cards but I never get the TIME!!! Perhaps now, over the next few months I can squeeze one in here and there :( Your work is always such a pleasure to look at...so beautiful and NEAT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous cards...especially the first one! Soooo very beautiful and elegant! ;-)

    ReplyDelete