Pages

Friday, 19 April 2013

NEW CHALLENGE - SCRAP YOUR STORY

Hello Everyone

It is Friday evening and we have a new challenge for you over at Scrap you Story and this week the challenge is to use stitching on your layout, real  or faux it is up to you. There is lots of inspiration on the blog  from all the DT members, you should check it out.

This week I used a sketch from ScrapFriends. I really love their challenges. Here is the sketch I used.


Here is my layout.


I used kraft card stock because I wanted to use white with it. One of my favourite combos at the moment. The photo is one of my favourite perfumes at the moment. Daisy by Marc Jacobs, and I turned it into a polaroid photo. 

The triangle was made with washi tape a row of stitching and some white lace.. The paint splats were created using my TH distress stains (my all time favourite thing to use) then I added some white rub-ons and some maroon circles and flowers and finished off with the title, butterflies and the saying which says, 

"Women waste so much time wearing no perfume. As for me every step that I have taken in my life I have been accompanied by and exquisite perfume".

Thanks for taking a look and I will be back tomorrow with a new case from CSI.



7 comments:

  1. LOVE it...you've got this one covered from head to toe...perfume included!!! ADORE the lace...what a creative touch...really nice, Val....thanks, as always for playing along...glad you like the sketches:):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A stiking sketch and you added your own unique touches with this unusual topic....The lace goes so well with the perfume quote :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfume and lace, perfect! And then you used some of my favorites, stitching, washi, and stains to make one of the prettiest layouts I've seen about an object. Thanks for always being so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun layout, Val! I love that your washi tape arrows take the eye to your photo, rather than away from it as in the sketch! And, you are certainly right in that white atop Kraft = pop! This belongs in an album called "Pieces of Me!" Brilliant work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful page! and btw. I love that perfume too! cannot live without perfume :) :). thanks so much for playing along with us at ScrapFriends!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Theres nothing like a perfume to make us girls feel better! Love the layout and yes white really pops on Kraft!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous page and love your take on the sketch! I am sure I can smell that page too...it smells of you!!! ;-) I never leave the house without my squirts of aroma! ;-)

    ReplyDelete