Pages

Friday, 26 April 2013

NEW CHALLENGE - SCRAP YOUR STORY


Hello Everyone,

It is Friday evening which means that there is a new challenge up at Scrap Your Story, and this week it is all about journalling, my favourite thing. You need to include at least two sentences and if it is hidden you need to say where it is and what it says...

Here is my layout for this challenge.


My brother and his family came out here for a holiday from Ireland and while they were here we took the boys to the lion park near here. I managed to get these wonderful photos of a lioness sleeping in a tree.
I used my cuttlebug on the little squares of paper to give them some texture. I also painted some bubble wrap and stamped the image on the green cardstock.

My journalling says :

Let Sleeping Cats Lie

We have lived in Gauteng for twenty nine years and we have never been to the Lion Park. I can't believe that we had such an amazing place right on our doorstep and we had never been there. We changed that last week when the Bennetts were here from Ireland. We thought that the boys would enjoy it and they had a ball. We drove though the four camps and then went to play with some of the cubs. It was fantastic. When we came around the corner in one of the camps we found this lioness sleeping in the tree. She looked so peaceful and comfortable and so unconcerned about anything and I so wanted to trade places with her.


11 comments:

  1. Sooo lovely Val..love the title and the pics are gorgeous!! Your stamping looks amazing and the embossed squares are gorgeous. Love your style!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colours for the Lioness and she does look like the Queen of all she surveys. I'm off to have a look at the challenge. Have a good weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous LO Val!!! I love the natural colors and what a great idea to stamp bubble wrap, Ill have to add that to my technique list. Thanks for sharing!
    ClaireR
    www.ThreeWatersCreations.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another absolutely stunning spread, Val! You rocked the title on this one, too! Love all the texture in those embossed squares and your bubble wrap stamp--which looks like a million paw prints! Sweet, and a great place to take out-of-town (country) visitors as well as you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bubble wrap stamping! Gorgeous layout as always.

    And I'm kind of jealous, I wanna visit a Lion Park.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so lovely, love the photos , stamping wonderful work :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK...so now I'm confused...what happened to the Google+ comments window????!!! ANYWAYS...good on you for eventually getting here....gotta LOVE cuttlebug squares & the bubble wrap looks FAB...LOVE it:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the texture on this page. And those photos...I would love to see this!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi again Val, just a question, when does #9 challenge about journalling need to be uploaded. It says 25 April. Is that right? Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the textures and colours you used. Great shots from every angle. I could trade places with her, if only I could climb trees...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great page and love that you used earthy colours! Beautiful photo's...so awesome that we live in Africa! ;-)

    ReplyDelete