Pages

Wednesday, 17 April 2013

NEW DT ANNOUNCED AT LET'S SCRAP

Hello Everyone

Welcome to Hump Day :)

The New Design Team has had their first reveal over at Let's Scrap I am so happy to be serving another term with some very talented ladies. So without further ado... here is the sketch for this week, and a stunning sketch it is too. Thank you Debby de Wilde.
Here is what I did with the sketch.


I used some very old Basic Grey papers from my stash because the colours were perfect for my photos.

I only had one piece of each paper left so I cut them in half and used one half of each to make up a whole. Gesso was applied to opposite corners of the layout through the chicken wire stencil and then some of the hexagons were coloured in using a water colour pencil and a water brush.

The seam was covered using a border that was cut using an X-cut punch.


I used my Tim Holtz distress stains to create some splats here and there and I also used some of his ideology tickets, tucked into the flowers which are by Prima. I created some banners and mounted them on green cardstock, and used them on opposite corners. I found a little quote that fit perfectly with my theme and it says "One of the secrets of a happy life is continuous small treats"... True that and for me getting flowers is one such small treat. :)


The photos are all double matted and I tied some raffia around the main photo of the flowers. I also added some bling for a little sparkle.


I made up the title from a couple of fonts that I have in my collection and painted them dark brown to make them all the same.

This is probably one of the few sketches that I have not changed radically, but I really love it, and will definitely use it again and again.

My journalling says :

I love flowers - all kinds of flowers and nothing makes me happier than to receive flowers. These arrived a couple of days after we got back from Dad's birthday holiday... his way of saying thank you so much for spoiling me. It was his first online purchase and he was so anxious to know that they were ok so I told him I would take photos and send them to him so he could see for himself. These were the photos I took for him. He really is such a sweetie

Thanks for taking a look...



9 comments:

  1. SOOO glad you're back on the team!!! LOVE this - flowers are a fave with me, too...& I adore taking pics of them!!! Lovely LO:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soft and delicate and oh so pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Val, Love your blog! Constance from Let's Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Val + Let's Scrap + Basic Grey = one winning combination!! Congrats, Val!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on being on the DT at Let's Scrap again! It certainly is a super group of ladies and a really friendly blog! I love this page and totally agree with the sentiment on flowers...they are so special and I will be happy to receive flowers anytime!!! You did a great job with the sketch! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How pretty Val! Love the photos & those gorgeous brown splats!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. totally sensational , love the photos too x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty. I haven't been given roses for years! It really is nice and one can't help going back and smelling them again and again!
    Good idea about cutting pages in half..never thought of that..will keep that in mind

    ReplyDelete