Pages

Friday, 5 April 2013

SCRAP YOUR STORY - CHALLENGE #6 - SPRING

Hello Everyone

I just want to let you know that the new challenge is up at  Scrap Your Story, and this week the theme is Spring. You can create any project you like as long as it relates to SPRING! If you need some inspiration you can head over to Scrap Your Story and check out what the Design Team did with this challenge.

Here is my layout for SPRING.


I love Spring. Well who doesn't really :) here (in South Africa) it means the first rains to wash away all the dust and grime from winter and all the trees get their new leaves and all the flowers start to emerge for summer. I used papers from Imiginisce and card stock from Bazzill for my layout because the spring colours were perfect for this photo of some poppies. Here are a couple of close ups.


I used a Martha Stewart punch for the border and cut the heart using my Nestabilities and then embossed it with a Cuttlebug folder. The flowers are from Petaloo and Bo Bunny.


In the top corner I folded back the paper to reveal the other side of the paper and added some zigzag stitching and the flowers. The words are from 7 Gypsies. I also have a photo turn on the black and white photo.


There is also stitching at the bottom and the SPRING word is made from Balsa wood and painted pink. I add the quote "No matter how long the winter SPRING is sure to follow.

So I hope you will be inspired to play along and link your page to the Scrap your Story blog.

Thanks for taking a look.







10 comments:

  1. Way to knock it out of the park once again! I love your little clusters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really beautiful Val, love the two photos in different colorways!! An incredibly wonderful Spring page, makes me smile all over!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful spring page...just love the colour combo and clusters. Stunning photos too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty page and I love poppies and yes everyone looks forward to the Spring after a long Winter

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a bright and cheery page...exactly what Spring is all about! Pity we are not going into Spring again here too....these chilly mornings and evenings are the start of winter!!! Anyways, nothing like a beautiful page to cheer me up! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Real summer! Great Lo Val! I'm happy to red you hear!
    Hugs Tasha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Val, you are just cranking out some awesome pages. I really like how you layered the journaling backgrounds in different sizes. It emphasizes your title without being overwhelming. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mwahahaa! just read "here in South Africa" and thought of my previous comment about making a shopping trip to London in October!! he he always thought that you live in the UK, dunno why but you're so British :)) which is a good thing in my books!
    Such lovely fresh spring colours, the whole page just exudes spring!! lovely lovely page!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete