Pages

Friday, 17 May 2013

CHALLENGE # 12 - SCRAP YOUR STORY

Hello everyone

Well I am back with another challenge from Scrap your Story and this week the challenge is stamping.  Stamping! I love to stamp and use it a lot on my layouts but today I decided to do some cards for this challenge... and I have included three different styles of stamping.


This first one is a Pointsettia stamp that I borrowed from a friend because I really love it. I stamped the image using Versamark ink and then covered it with gold embossing powder. It is important to remember when you are using embossing powder that it will stick to anything on a layout like finger prints so you need to swipe your paper with an anti-static pad before stamping, this removes any traces of oil from the paper. Then heat the embossing powder until it melts. Once this was done I coloured the image with watercolour paints and then diamond glazed the whole thing. I also used a glue pen around the edges and embossed that too. I love the richness that this gives. The image was matted onto white card, then red and onto a green card. I added the green meshy stuff for interest.


This next card is a Geisha - also borrowed from a friend and stamped with black ink and then I coloured in parts of the image with a deep cerise. The image was layered onto music paper and then a black card. I added the cerise ribbon and the Chinese coin for interest.



This last card was such fun to do and is a cool way to make your own embellishments. I used the bear stamp  and stamped the image once on to pale pink cardstock. I also stamped the image onto shrink plastic. Both images were then coloured - the large one with watercolour paints and the small one with chalks. You then have to shrink the plastic carefully using a heat gun and once it has shrunk place it under a heavy phone book or something for a few minutes so it stays flat. It creates a cool little bear about a quarter of the original size. The large bear was put onto the dark pink dot and the ribbon was added it was then stuck onto a pale pink card. Right at the end I added the little plastic bear.

Thanks for taking a look.





3 comments:

  1. Such great cards! Love them all! Always nice to have a few on hand! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All great cards, Val, and each so very different from the others! Loved learning technique here, like embossing glue! Who knew? I have never worked with shrink wrap, but say a tutorial recently on it on YouTube. I just might have to try that! My favorite, the first because of the process! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautifully executed work Val! Would love to try shrink plastic - sounds like fun!!

    ReplyDelete