Pages

Saturday, 4 May 2013

CSI CASE #70 - REVEAL

Hello Everyone

Happy National Scrapbook Day! I hope that today you are doing what you love best... Scrapping! I am not... Not today. It is my son Clint's 29th birthday today and we took him to breakfast at a wonderful food lovers market in downtown Johannesburg. I got some lovely photos which I will download later. I had a shwarma and a margarita for breakfast. :D  I bought some bottled stuff and some very yummy cupcakes, banoffie and blueberry and white chocolate. Just so delicious. Later on this afternoon there is a surprise party  for him which he knows NOTHING (not) about, so we will go for a while.

I have the new CSI Case file to show you too. It is also the reveal for the New Design Team so go and take a look. I really am so grateful to be a part of it.  Heavenly spring colours this week- which are perfect for Northern Hemisphere countries going into spring about now.


I used this sketch from Sketchbook 365 which I loved.


Here is how I solved the case.



Scheme    - I used all the colours
Evidence  -  Flowers, metal, wood, paint (wood and doilie) distressing and vertical stripes.
Testimony - Document Spring, IW Spring (On the back of the layout)

Journalling reads:

It's Spring again... which means earlier mornings and later evenings, warm sunshine and thunder showers that wash away the months of dust that have accumulated during the cold dry winter. I can hear the birds sing again, and they are building their nests in my fever tree, soon the fledglings will appear. The flowers start to bud, the bees are buzzing around the flowers once more and there is a business in the garden that wasn’t there before, the grass grows green again springy and soft beckoning bare feet, and I see young people fall in love. Pretty colours are everywhere Mother Nature - she still cares. Everything rejoices in spring a signal for new life, new beginnings and new starts. Throwing out the old and welcoming in the new. Most of all I love spring because I get to have the doors of my studio onto my little garden open and this is what I see. What a way to start the day.



I used a Martha Stewart punch to do the little border. The wooden swirl was painted with a shimmer paint I mixed up for this challenge.


The little chipboard bird cage was coloured using Tim Holtz distress stains which I then misted with water and then left it to dry and then I diamond glazed it and added the bling eye to the bird and the little green feather.


I painted the top swirl and the doilie with the same paint and added the bling once it was in place. The paint splats were made with Tim Holtz distress stains.

Thanks for taking a look.






10 comments:

  1. So funny to be doing spring when we are going into winter...love the colours and the splats of green pop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am amazed at how very *true* to this sketch you remained in creating this awesome layout, Val!! I love all the details, like the bird's eye and feather! I also respect that you played along with Spring colors, all the while you are thinking Autumn! That is a true artist, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL!!!! I love the birdcage!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work Val...the colours just say Spring has sprung.....Have a wonderfuly day with your DS :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This really is so pretty! White base is always a winner!! That party food sounds delish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful layout Val and love that you used the Scrap 365 sketch! Your page is a beautiful take on it and I love those chippies and beautiful accents! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So adorable Val! I love the birdhouse and the soft colors. Hope the surprise party was a success!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So so pretty. I love hearing about all the detail work you put into your embellies. And that bird cage is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty, I just love it! Those swirls set it off perfectly and love your journaling!

    ReplyDelete