Pages

Thursday, 9 May 2013

LET"S SCRAP NEW CHALLENGE


Hello Everyone

Happy Humpday!  I am here with two layouts today. The first one is the weekly sketch challenge over at Let's Scrap and this weeks sketch was designed by Carol Burger.


Here is my layout for the challenge.


I have been trying to gather photos from my childhood as I don't have many, maybe half a dozen or so and I found these four photos among my Aunts' photos so I scanned them in, fixed them up and re-sized them. I used cream card stock as my background and the added the purple and green. The papers are very old ones from Making Memories. I kept the layout very plain and simple and added the punched border and the flowers and tags.

My journaling reads...

"I am not sure where we were going all dressed up in our Sunday best, but I do know it was not to church, so maybe it was for a wedding or some other special occasion. These photos were taken on the steps of the verandah at the old house in Vumbwe, Malawi. There was a date on the back of one of the photos 1958 so John would have been a year old and I would have been two. I am sure that Gran would have made my dress for me and judging by the large hem was hoping that it would last me a long time. :) How young and innocent we both look. Not a care in the world."

Over at Let's Scrap we are hosting a challenge a day for the whole of the month of May for National Scrapbooking day. It was my turn to host the challenge and I wanted to incorporate a new photo aspect to the challenge to create a layout of your day, so that could be something you did, somewhere you went, your schedule or however you want to interpret it. You can also only use cardstock, it must also incorporate photos that you took of your day. I used the right hand side of this sketch for my layout.


Here is my take on the challenge.


Everyone knows that I spend all day in my studio creating, I don't want to do anything else. So it stands to reason that my shopping experience relates to that too. So I created a layout for both. Title is "Retail Therapy is all I Need" (the photos are all of my studio and my stash).


I used white cardstock and printed my journaling directly onto the layout. I painted the chipboard title and numbers with brick red paint to match the cardstock that I used to mat the photos.


I added some washi tape arrows and then some embellishments in the colours of the tape. Brick red (the photo looks a bit orange), blue and green.

So why don't you take a look and maybe join in ... it is a lot of fun.

Thanks for taking a look.




6 comments:

  1. Great pages Val! The first one is so great with the colouring, that beautiful punch and the super memory photo's! Then the 2nd one is just soooo up my alley....I love the sentiment entirely, as I can really relate! I love my scrapping, I love my related shopping and know I am sooo very blessed to have wonderful tools, a great stash and a litte bit of creativity!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous you 'found' some more photos...such a shame you don't know the occasion! The scalloped edges look so pretty - sort of go with the dress!! And the 2nd one made me laugh...that would SOOOO be me if only could, I too would just stay permanently in my scrap room!!!! Great fun LO & really like the design!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like the B/W photos and the red pops. Great pics of you in your finery! I was looking at my old pics I had scrapped...need to improve those pages somewhat...with what time though?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pages, Gorgeous pics, that dress is so cute! And your studio.. wow.. I have turned slightly green !! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always nice to visit you blog Val...!

    ReplyDelete
  6. stunning work Val. love the colors xooxoxox

    ReplyDelete