Pages

Friday, 24 May 2013

LET'S SCRAP - NEW SKETCH REVEAL


Hello everyone

I feel a bit like a hamster on a treadmill and I have not been able to get on top of things for the last little while. Now today for the first time in a long time there is light at the end of the tunnel. YAY! My mojo has taken a much needed vacation but is now on unpaid leave and had better get back soon.

Here is this weeks sketch by Jeaunes Viljoen. If you haven't already go to Let's Scrap and take a look there are a great number of fabulous sketches to be had.

I really love this sketch but still I had to deviate - I am beginning to wonder if it is a little rebellious thing I have going on that I just can't do it as is....anyway, here is my take on the sketch.


I got this paper by Authentique and I just loved it and wanted to use it for a beach layout, I started with a kraft background and a honeycomb stencil and some gesso... once it was dry I coloured in some of the spaces just for detail, some cardboard was cut into a strip and the smeared with gesso and some aqua paint. 


I also cut some of the hexagons from the paper, the bracket was created by using my nestabilities in two sizes and two colours. The punched border is a Martha Stewart punch. I added the chippies last with the bling and the Prima flowers. There is also bling in some of the hexagons...

                                                    

The other side is pretty much a mirror image of the left hand side.


The title letters are balsa wood and stickers. I have journalled all around the edge of the layout. Things I have learnt from the sea..

Go barefoot, reflect, swim often, doze beneath the shade of a palm tree, leave only footprints in the sand,  behold the beauty of a sunset, rest, soak up the sun, ride the waves, breathe in the salty air, bury your toes in the sand,  feel the breeze, collect sea shells and relax.

Thanks for taking the time to take a look.







5 comments:

  1. So adorable Val! I love it! Thanks so much for your sweet comments on my pages. Unfortunately I didn't even make it through the first "pick" round at Colorful Creations. :( Thanks for your sweet comments anyways! Love your hexagons! So sweet. Yet another layout that I would scraplift from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A stunning take on the challenge....love the serenity and your journalling speaks to my inner child.....especially the little bit of rebellion tucked away. lol !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Authentique have THE nicest papers...& those hex's look fantastic, too....this LO makes me wanna go on holiday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this layout, great take on the sketch. I may have to use this sketch on my next project.
    Thanks for the inspiration!
    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful double-pager! Love your subtle masking!!

    ReplyDelete