Pages

Friday, 24 May 2013

LET"S SCRAP - NSD CHALLENGE

It's me again :P

Yes I have another post... might as well make sure I am well and truly caught up :D

This week was my turn to host another challenge at Let's Scrap for their NSD month (this is the one I remembered but we won't go there). This challenge was a scraplift challenge which was perfect for mojoless me :D

The rules of the game were simple. Choose a layout from the gallery that you liked and scraplift it. The layout I chose was this one by Debby de Wilde and I loved this because it was washi tape and I just love washi tape and also because of the simplicity of the layout, and because of the simplicity your eye is drawn straight to the gorgeous photo of her and her daughter Jinte. Thanks Debby for letting me scraplift you :D


Here is my take on Debby's layout.


I had just bought this tube of washi tapes and love the lime and navy together and that was what I wanted to use... so I went with a white background onto which I splashed a little navy and lime paint... I randomly added the washi tape and then did two rows of cross stitch as opposed to the machine stitching that Debby did. I used the polaroid type frame for my photo which I found on pinterest (because it was the perfect colours) but I matted it onto lime and then navy.... I decided to use the same title as Debby because it fit my layout so well too, the arrow down to the title was added and then I decided to stamp a row of music at the bottom and added the flowers and I just could not leave well enough alone and so I added the buttons and the bling and then I doodled around the edge of the layout....

I really wanted to keep it simple but it seems as though I just could not stop :D

I have not done my journalling on this layout yet but I will.

Thanks for taking a look. I appreciate it :D




6 comments:

  1. Love both of the layouts... they are so different because of your subjects. Love it Val... better get myself busy and do your challenge!! ;0) Mwahhhh!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness...love lime and navy together....love the original....and yes, I think the Mojo has come out of it's temporary sulk and is playing nicely again ! Gorgeous.....Hmmmm....I have a very ancient photo of me in a lime and navy dress. Where could it be??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple -y DIVINE..those colours...fabulous scraplift & I think you stopped at just the right moment!!!! PERFECT:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. For someone who declares to be mojoless, you rocked this sketch! I was prepared to share some, but you don't need it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your washi tape background! Cool touch!! I have a layout using that technique but it is in Scrap 365 for August. You do get that mag here but takes forever. You should subscribe - it's nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AS IF you have ever misplaced your mojo. ;-) this is fabulous and the navy and lime are perfection together!

    ReplyDelete