Pages

Thursday, 9 May 2013

SCRAP AROUND THE WORLD CHALLENGE


Hello Everyone

I am back with another post and this time it is for the Scrap around the World challenge. If you haven't checked out this blog yet you really should, I think that this is going to be a great challenge blog. Each month they will put up a mood board and sketch for you to use as inspiration and it is as easy as that.



All you need to do is be inspired by the mood board (in ANY way) 
& use our sketch as your starting point.

So seriously, how easy is that. :)

Here is my layout. I was inspired but firstly the colours. Turquoise and brown is one of my favourite colour combinations, I was also inspired by the flowers, and also the bling in the chandelier.


I started off with the turquoise cardstock and added a kraft colour on top which I stamped on, doodled, distressed and then added the splats. The doilie behind the photos was misted with brown and turquoise mists and left to dry. I found these Authentique papers, which were a perfect match, for the tags. The quote says "A daughter is a little girl who grows up to become a wonderful friend" which is so true for Storm and I. Then I added the flowers, bling and twine to the tags. The photos are of Storm from a photo shoot a couple of years ago and I just love them as they completely show her personality.

I have journaling on the back of the layout that says:

It has not always been this way for Storm and I. She is wilfull and strong minded, independent and somewhat stubborn, and she has very strong views about most things. The world is black and white. Right or wrong. Now that she has left home and is living on her own she has changed somewhat and mellowed and sees all the shades of grey that make up day to day life. She has come to realise that you don't always make the best decisions or choices and it is not for lack of trying, but that sometimes you have to be a little flexible. She will often come to me and say... now I know why you did this or said that. Now that she is living on her own she is realising just how cushy life was at home without a worry in the world. I really enjoy doing things with her now and spending time with her without feeling defensive and on edge the whole time. I love that now we can communicate on the same level as adults and now when she asks for advice she takes in what I have to say and doesn't just dismiss me as a fool. So much has changed since she was a teenager.:)  I love my little girl and no matter how big she gets or how old. She will always be my little girl. <3 you Stormie.

Thanks for taking a look.




20 comments:

  1. Very cute and sweet your page! Thank you for playing with us at the SATW

    ReplyDelete
  2. so WONDERFUL Val! I am delighted that you have joined in & I love your page!! I am glad everyone seems to find it so simple - simplicity is the key to success in my opinion - and we have 22 entries so far - woooootttttt!!! You have done a bleeding marvellous job here - very impressive!! Thank you for playing along at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Page! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Val! Love your take on the challenge. Awesome pictures! Love those tags and paint splats. Thank you for playing along with SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Val, this is just beutiful! Turquoise and brown is one of my favourite colour combinations too!! ...your Storm is such a doll, and I think you gave her the perfect name to match her character! Good luck on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great page Val! I love the colouring and those awesome photo's...truly gorgeous in every way! You and Storm are so very lucky to have each other! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are favourite colours for me as well and you've created a stunning page to showcase your lovely daughter. She sounds like a strong woman, who has learned the nuances of life....lovely that you found a friendship among the remnants of her childhood :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this Val! Great photos and colors. I like how you mixed the colors of twine on the tags. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just making me so sad that I don't have & will never have a daughter....aah well....least I didn't have to put up with the teenage angst, I guess! LOVE this colour combo, too....looks fabulous here & the doily really sets your photos off:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  10. He he had to giggle when reading Helen's comment :)) You sure have come up with a fab take on the challenge Val! Always love a browse and the inspiration on your blog. Thanks a bunch for sharing your beautiful page with us at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for joining in at SATW. Lovely layout and beautiful journalling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOOOOVE all those tags. You did beautiful with this page :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this sketch and you have totally rocked it!! wow I sound like a teenager!! I want to do this one , but I don't think I will be able to get your colour scheme out of my head!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just read the journaling (sorry was rushing before!) just the same as my daughter who is now 20 - thank Goodness they come around & then we can have so much fun with them again. I could really relate there to everything you said!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. beautiful LO and heartfelt journaling!! it is true what you say and I think this happens to most teenagers at the age of 20, they start realizing LIFE!! and usually become their mother's best friends. thanks for joining us at SATW!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this layout about Storm! I think you really captured her bubbly & independent personality. I love your heart-felt journaling, too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh...I forgot to mention the inspiration site you wrote about. I've been to Scrap Around the World & I agree that it's fabulous! ...and very inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely layout. Thank you for playing along at Scrap Around The World.

    ReplyDelete
  19. that's amazing!!!!lovely details!thanks for joining us at SATW!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love! Love! Love! Thank-you for joining us at Scrap Around The World. Your take on the sketch and mood board is awesome.

    ReplyDelete