Pages

Friday, 3 May 2013

SCRAP YOUR STORY CHALLENGE #10

Hello Everyone

It is that time again and we are already on challenge #10 at Scrap your Story which is  'FAVOURITES' can be your favourite food, music, book, person, place or even thing. But you need to include in your journaling or title that it is a favourite.


I used white cardstock and pattern papers by Deja Views (very old papers), the colours were perfect for the photos. 

My journalling reads :D

As I was looking through photos for this challenge I came across this one of Simon from a couple of years ago and it made me think of a few of my favourite things, namely - my dear hubby of 37 years, his blue eyes (which you can't really see behind his glasses), but they are the same colour blue as his shirt, Old Blue Eyes himself - I will never tire of his music and CSI - the original one with Gil Grissom :) Whenever, I see this photo of Papa Si I think of Gill Grissom in CSI (he doesn't have a beard anymore though), and I am astounded at just how blue his eyes really are, and then my thoughts automatically go to Frank Sinatra and some of my favourite songs of his.... and I managed to get  all onto one layout and from just one photo. A constant reminder of the things I love :D



I used three different papers from the same range and matted them all onto black cardstock and then layered them and added the banners. The bling is from my stash and the flowers and butterflies are from Prima.


I added the paper clip which was the perfect colour. Not sure who that is by though.

 

I made three little banners at the top of the page and layered them up too.

I hope that you will be inspired to come and play along with us at Scrap your Story. We would love to see what you come up with.





7 comments:

  1. Love it my friend :) Beautiful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, love this LO Val. Beautiful colors and I love all the layering you did, definitely one of my favorites :)
    TFS!
    ClaireR
    www.ThreeWatersCreations.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great design and photo... It's amazing how one prompt call provoke so many memories...Lovely work :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous page Val and love the photo's! Beautiful colouring and a wonderful sentiment, as always! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh, this layouts makes my heart sing for you! That is an awesome favorite to have. What a wonderful life you must be living.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great page! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blue being my favourite colour...this is just right!

    ReplyDelete