Pages

Friday, 10 May 2013

SCRAP YOUR STORY CHALLENGE #11

Hello Everyone

It is Friday which means there is a new challenge up at Scrap Your Story and this week it is a sketch challenge and this is the sketch you need to use.


Here is my layout for the sketch. I loved working with this one.


I kept it really plain with white cardstock and the watermelon colour from the roses. I also added some turquoise and  white stripe paper  for a little contrast. Here are some close ups. The quote says "In dreams we catch glimpses of life larger than our own." So true.


I made a little banner in the top corner and doodled along the edges just to give them some character.


This time I didn't deviate too much from the sketch because I really liked it. I added a row of bling and also the little triangular banners.  All of the mats and banners have been doodled. The flowers matched perfectly. I love it when a plan comes together.


The chipboard title was just coloured using Tim Holtz distress stain - Black Soot.

The journaling on the back of the layout just says...

" Everyone who knows me knows that I have always taken loads of photos. Photos of flowers, cars, windows, park benches and all manner of completely random things that make me happy. For Christmas last year Simon surprised me with a beautiful new camera, the Canon 7d. The 7d is so different to the 40D that I had used before and I have to say I was a little intimidated until I opened the gift from my son, which was a photography course that we would do together. This was a six week course that covered every aspect of photography and the technical side of the cameras too. I loved it and each week I could see my photos change and improve. I still have loads to learn and most of it is just practice. I really love to take photos of flowers and macro photography. These are just a couple of the latest ones that I have taken and I have to say that they make me very happy. Capturing memories - whatever they are makes me happy and committing them to paper like this layout makes me even happier."

Thanks for taking a look. I just want to let you know too that I appreciate ever single message that is left for me. I warms my heart to know that you have taken the time to visit and either read or "skim" the post and leave me a note. I just wish I had a reply button but for the life of me I can't work out how to do it. :D

For all the South African mommies out there I wish you a very Happy Mothers Day! I hope that your children spoil you rotten. I have given my kids a couple of hints ;) You may like it too :D










9 comments:

  1. I really like the clean lines of the sketch and you have used these glorious flowers to good advantage. Lovely work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL to that sign!! Happy mothers' day to you, too....& I can see why you didn't deviate much from the sketch - this just worked perfectly for you with your flowers....join the club! If I'm not in my scrap room, I'm happiest with my bum up in the air on my knees taking closeups, too...DH gets a tad embarrassed by it...but hey! He bought me the .....CANON camera!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great LO! I love the colors and the doodling you did is such a fun touch! Congrats on having a great camera and a class that helped you learn how to use it! Enjoy the process of learning!

    http://paperandmusings.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely page, I love roses too, your have a great day tomorrow too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Again, you took a great sketch and just made it better! Have a wonderful Mother's Day, Val!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AH Val, I am here cackling away ...you are so funny! Love your sign, lets us know what you get!! oh and lovely Lo, love that doodling and I love your quote of the day too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha love the sign!!!! Gave me a good chuckle LOL! Beautiful layout & lovely floral photos. Great take on the sketch too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet layout. Love the doodling along the edges.

    And what a thoughtful gift from your son...reflects his good upbringing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Val, I missed this challenge somehow...I guess I've been busy & forgot to look...so many NSD challenges this month, my head is spinning! But what fun! I agree...this sketch is great. I love what you did with it! Your photos of the roses are gorgeous & the layout shows them off beautifully! I don't think I realized that it was your son who bought you the photography class for Christmas...how grand!

    ReplyDelete