Pages

Saturday, 1 June 2013

CSI CASE FILE #74 - REVEAL


Hello Again!

I have the new case file reveal from CSI. I just love the colours from this weeks scene...


I chose to 'kind of' follow one of Becky Flecks layouts from Pagemaps. :)


Here is how I solved the case.


Scheme     - All of the colours are there
Evidence   -  Lace (the punched border), metal (the pale pink brad), beads (inside the pink flowers), flowers.
Testimony - Document a childhood memory
My journaling (on the back of the layout) reads ...

A time before...A time when nothing else mattered, a time when I was happy and carefree and safe and a time that I had no idea that my world would be turned upside down. A happy time.
I loved that house in Vumbwe, Malawi, we used to call it the old house and whenever we went out and it was time to come home we would sit at the windows of the car on the look out for home and the first one to spot the house as we came around the corner would sing ‘I can see the old house’ over and over J– I can still remember the layout of the house and the huge garden with the sweeping lawns and the rows of trees at the bottom, our neighbours on either side and Alice our nanny. Gran, Pops and all Moms’ sisters all lived close by and life was so good.  I remember that car too - it was a real ‘Noddy’ car – yellow with red mudguards and seat, the doors opened and closed and you had to peddle it to make it move and John and I loved to play in it. Betty Lou, moms youngest sister was in one of the photos too so I am guessing that they were all there that day. She was only 10 when I was born so she played with us often, what I really remember from that time was how it felt to be part of a big, close, happy family and it is ‘that’ that I have strived to replicate in my family.
I want my children to feel safe and loved and protected, not judged, scared or alone. I want them to be able to come to us with anything and for us to sort it out together as a team. When they have children I want those kids to have the benefit of an extended family too. I want them to have large, noisy family gatherings and holidays together. I want  their kids to grow up together as friends and I never want them to have to look back to a ‘time before’.

Here are some close ups...


I decided to go with a black background so that these gorgeous sherbet colours would really pop. I stamped the Hero Arts flower image onto a piece of ledger paper by Amy Tan and coloured in the flower part with Tombow markers . The pattern papers were from my scrap box - left over from other layouts. The check one is from Girls Paperie and I don't know where the yellow dot one is from. The other papers are all from Bazzill.



I added the tab tops, cut using my Silhouette (at last I have worked out how to use it) and the tags and then the flowers from Prima and Petaloo




I cut the ends of the green and pink strips to form a banner on this side and added more flowers. I put bows on the ribbon strip and added two decorative pins. The green border was cut using a punch from X-cut. All of the elements were doodled on and the chipboard letter from Enmarc were colours using a Tim Holtz paint dabber.

Thank you for taking a look and leaving any comments. I want you to know that they are very much appreciated. Have a wonderful weekend.




8 comments:

  1. I remember my brother having a similar car like this! Great use of the stunning papers and colours and love your layering...As always I am in awe of your story telling...can just picture you all shouting out as you see your home! Thank you once again for sharing....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super page Val and these colours certainly pop against the black! I love that stamped image...really a super one! Great photo's and a great story as always! It is good that we can remember the good times and the good days, because those will carry us through the dark days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Val, I just love your take on the CSI files! Everyone is fabulous. I love the stark colors and the use of B&W photos. I always love B&W, but never print any out. I also love all your doodling. It adds such a creative look to your layouts. Wonderful memories and journaling to record. I have another question for you, if you journal on the back, how do you put your "books" together? Do you use sleeves that the pages can then be pulled out? I too usually take 3-4 hours to create a page (typically double page) but am getting quicker as a result of available time with DD! :) Fabulous layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love this Val!! Using the black background was perfect...like you said the colours really pop. And to grow up with a Noddy car, how fantastic! I would have loved that. And the photos are just too gorgeous. Thanks by the way for all your comments...really makes my day! Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfect interpretation. Just love those colours against the black - excellent Val!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colours in this layout are so yummy and I love that sketch and those cute photos:) Beautifullayout Val!! :)x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colors in your layout! Beautiful work Val!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful take Val! love how the colours come out bright and vibrant against the black, but most of all I really, really like your journalling. Such a different but still similar childhood to mine. Me up in cold Scandinavia and you down there in the African heat but still we have the same dreams and family means the most to us. xoxox

    ReplyDelete