Pages

Monday, 10 June 2013

PASSION

Hello Everyone

It is Monday and really chilly here in Jozi Town, and I hope that you all had a wonderful weekend.

Today I have a layout for the OUAS June Challenge and the theme for June is Guilty Pleasures and here is the sketch...


Here is my layout.


The journaling (on the back of the layout) reads :D

Photography is my passion, my guilty pleasure and my happiness. It is what makes me get out of bed in the mornings, it is what has helped me to recapture the wonder of a child that has seen or found something spectacular or precious for the very first time. It has taught me to look at the world through new eyes and it has helped me to find myself again, it has shown me that beauty comes in many forms and that if we accepted this we would all be so much happier, and it suits me perfectly because it is a solitary pursuit and I like to be on my own.

To go out somewhere and discover a world of extreme beauty if you just take the time to look is an amazing thing... with my camera as an extension of my eyes and arms I have found untold gems, most of which I would not have given a second look before and which I now get to use to create layouts. As far as I am concerned it doesn’t get any better than that.

I you haven't looked at their challenges before you should do yourself a favour and take a look, the sketches are beautiful and there is so much eye candy from the design team too.

Here are some close ups of my layout.


First of all I cut the grey cardstock slightly smaller than the white and then applied the gesso over the diamond stencil, then punched randomly around the border and adhered the grey card to the white. I cut some strips of pink cardstock and used the same punch so that I could layer these behind the grey. The Tim Holtz pediments were cut on pink and pattern card.


I stamped in black in the butterfly trellis stamp, and the diamonds were cut from the pattern paper. I punched another boarder to go under the photo, which was layered underneath a strip of pale pink and a row of diamonds. The flowers were added and then the bling, the little silver camera and a button.



In this one you can see the stamp a little better. All the little bits of paper were doodled around the edges. I also added two pink heart brads and the photo corner which were not the right colour so I painted them with my TH distress paints.


I added bling to all of the diamonds and the title was painted with Tim Holtz distress paint in Black Soot.

Thank you for visiting and if you leave a message know that I read and appreciate every one of them.




23 comments:

  1. I am really loving this LO Val...I think it must be the colours...or maybe the photo...maybe it's the diamond patterns with the doodling? But then it could also be the stencilling...hahaha! I love the doodles, must try them more, mine just looked untidy the one time I did try it....Also love the effect of the little bling on the diamond...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful page Val! I LOVE how you showcased your camera and shared your journaling...you are a Scrapping Machine my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Val, your layouts are one of the few that I physically say WOW when I see your layouts. I just love the colors you used, the photo and the diamond shapes that you used. Just fabulous, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Magnificent...if this isn't up there with the winners I'll eat my hat!!!! Loving the diamonds & your doodling I particular:):):):) oh, & I can sooo relate to the photography thing too:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another stunner from you Val. I relate to your feelings about your camera. And being alone. The layout is superb...I'm such a fan of those diamonds....hmmm think I have a tiny stash left somewhere. Beautiful art :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you have punched the grey edge and added a pink layer behind it to stick out...a piece of genius crafting I tell you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow this is just so beautiful. Love the softness of the design and the diamond shapes. A stunning take on the sketch.
    Thanks so much for taking part in my 600 Follower give away and becoming my latest followers. Also thank you for taking the trouble to vote for me. Voting has closed and I have now also removed the request to vote from my post. We will wait and here what the outcome is lol.
    I have also now become your latest keen Follower and look forward to your next creation.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pink is not one of my favorite colors, and I find it most often difficult to create with it. But, here, you have used it as a strong accent, and it works beautifully. I actually want to try this color combination now! Photography is my husband's "guilty pleasure," but I often go with him on his little excursions, so I know the excitement it can conjure up! I love that you are still creating with gesso! It worked beautifully here with the diamond stencil to add both texture and interest! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, love, love!! That stencil is divine!! I buy my "The Crafter's Workshop" stencils online - never seen them here. Prima also have some lovely ones I buy online too. I did see quite a few stencils though recently in a big hardware store!! Love the texture & your punched border treatment...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a stunning layout Val, just totally delicious, LOVE the color combination and the striking elegance of your design!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely layout. Great use of the diamond stencil. Love the colours and the little details you added.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just adored this page when I first saw it over on FB, even more so now that I have seen all the gorgeous details up big on my screen! Everything is just exquisite on it, the colours, the stencil and stamp work, the sweet punched border. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  13. Got so caught up in your page that I forgot to thank you for sharing this stunner with us at OUAS!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow, this turned out pretty amazing! The grid pattern looks so beautiful and innovative. Thank you so much for playing along at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous page and so love how the eye is drawn to that fabulous photo! Love the styling here and your gorgeous background. Beautiful, soft colouring and can really say on this one...so very Val! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful layout! Those diamonds look so pretty scattered about! Fab take on the sketch! Thanks for joining along with OUAS :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. its a wonderful one! i love your photos! Thank you so much for playing with us over OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Adore your LO Val, the masking and the fussy cut diamonds look amazing and I love your choice of colour.. so pretty. Gorgeous work all around!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I absolutely adore this page..the cut out diamonds are perfection!! Gorgeous creation. SO glad you joined us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous page with wonderful details! Thank you so much for playing along with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your take on the challenge, Val! The diamonds are just sensational! Great to see your creations at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabulous take on the challenge and I love that your obsession is your camera. Thanks for playing along with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations on being picked this month Val :) Your work is beautiful and so deserving!!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete