Pages

Saturday, 27 July 2013

CSI CASE #82 - REVEAL


Hello Everyone

Welcome to the weekend - I hope you have some fun things planned. :)

Today I have my layout for the new reveal over at CSI and the palette this week is gorgeous. So summery and seeing as though we only have 35 days left of winter it is a very welcome sight.

Here is the case file...

Here is my layout...


Here is how I solved the case...

Scheme     - all of the colours are there.
Evidence   - Stamps, cursive (the stamp on the blue paper), umbrellas (photo), stripes, birds, wet medium and masking.
Testimony - Celebrate Summer, write in cursive.
My jounaling (on the back of the layout) reads:

I love SUMMER, it is my favourite time of the year and here in South Africa we are lucky enough to have summer for around eight months of the year.
Hot day and warm nights, all the windows in the house open allowing the breeze free reign through the rooms.
Dips in the pool with the dogs.
Trips down to the beach, golden tans and painted toes in flip flops.
Pool loungers and umbrellas, the sound of the waves, ice creams and cocktails with exotic fruits and pretty umbrellas, good books and long strolls on the beach, shell collecting.
Braais and cold beer - there is nothing like the smell of meat cooking on an open fire. 
What is not to love about summer - 35 days to summer but hey whose counting. :D

Here are some close-ups of my layout...


I used my Heidi Swapp 'Hibiscus' mask on a plain white background and used a mister in pale blue, then I stamped a hibiscus image over that and clear embossed it - I love the subtle effect you get with it. I then stamped the quote down at the bottom of the layout which says:
'The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever.' So true.
The photo which I found on Pinterest - because it just evokes every emotion and feeling for summer for me has a quote that I printed on to it which says:
'All I need is a few days at the beach.'
The yellow hibiscus flowers were fussy cut from a sheet of paper by K & Company. The colours were perfect.


I layered up all the papers and stamped some cursive script onto the blue and white dot just for some interest. Then I stamped the reeds and added the chippie fence. The seagull was stamped once the fence was in place.


On the other side of the photo I continued the fence and added the flowers, brads at the bottom and the hat pins into the ribbon and then I tucked a few shells in among the flowers.

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look. Have a great weekend :)






12 comments:

  1. Soooo summery; sooo pretty & that fence with the little bird! MWAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful page, Val....the summer feel is just bursting off the page here - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS!! I really love the layering, it's something I struggle with but you pull it off perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely subtle page! Those colours are great!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This page really exudes the essence of summer. The photos is perfect for the palette and I love the subtle misting. The tiny stamped birds are the icing on the top. Beautiful work Val :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Val....I love this layout....beautiful photo, lovely layers, love the misting and little birds. Gorgeous work. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Val this is a lovely summery page. Love the background, love the layers and those little birds are gorgeous too. Beautiful layout!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a gorgeous page Val...loooove that laid back, beach photo! Super hibiscus stencil and die-cuts...they for me are the epitomy of summer and blooms! Beautifully done...simply a fabulous page! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This page just makes me feel so cool and relaxed, even in the heat of my (current) summer day. Love it, Val!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow. This is really pretty!

    P/s: It must be nice to have at least 4 months of cooler weather though...it's summer for me ALL year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just LOVE this! The colours are so soothing and relaxing and I am also counting down to Spring....so over Winter!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous color combo with the black stark title. I also love those little flying birds. Is that a stamp? Another lovely creation!

    ReplyDelete