Pages

Monday, 15 July 2013

HOME AGAIN :)

Hello Everyone

Well I have to tell you that it is truly wonderful to be home again. Although we had a really fabulous holiday it was a lot of travelling, a lot of things to see and do and it was a little exhausting, really made me feel my age   :(.  On the upside because of the change of time and venue for the German F1 Grand Prix I got home four days earlier than my DH and DS so I have had time to just do my own thing and get back to normal. One of the biggest things for me was having time to read all my (2000+ mails :(), catch up with my blogs, facebook and all the other things you miss when you are away from your computer. I also did my next two DT layouts so those will be revealed soon.

First I have to let you all know that I had a really good month with the challenges that I entered... I got Top 5 at Scrap Friends for my ART layout, my SPRING layout was chosen as a Super Scrapper over at Sketchbook365, I got an honourable mention at Scrap around the World for my AUTUMN layout - photo here below and ... also was Designers Pick at OUAS with my PASSION layout :) So I am very happy :D Thank you to all of the above for the recognition :D It was a wonderful thing to come home to.

 


I do have the reveal from Let's Scrap from while I was away and unable to post so here it is.  I really love this sketch but again I had too many photos that I wanted to use so I tweaked it a little....


Here is my layout 'DAY TRIPPER' ...


I used mainly card stock and a little bit of this left over paper from Authentique which I really love.


I mixed up some coloured gesso and used my diamond stencil, just for a little texture and to replicate the paper.


The border is a Martha Stewart punch and the pediments are from Tim Holtz...my new faves.


Once my layout was all put together I doodled around some of the diamonds and added some perfect pearl pearls to random points. The flowers are all Prima and Petaloo which I love.

Thank you so much for your visit and any comments you may leave I love to read them... and things will get back to normal now. See you soon.







8 comments:

  1. Welcome back Val. This layout is absolutely stunning. Love the striking design paper.
    {Would love you to visit my blog and join my 600-Follower Give-Away. Thank you so much if you already have entered and good luck.}
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pages Val...always so much to see...You are doing great with the doodles, loving them on your page! And congrats again with all the spotlight mentions!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are safely home, Val! Love this "day tripper" layout (and love the revisions you made in the sketch to accommodate the extra photos! Congrats, too, on those well-deserved recognitions! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Val, congrats on all your winning layouts! I'm not surprised, your layouts are always amazing. You are one of the few blogs that I follow just to see the layouts and get inspiration from. I'm glad you had a good holiday, looking forward to see your scrap pages of it soon. Love that border punch, I've never seen it before....looks like I'll be shopping soon. What is a pediment? Love your layout! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A stylish double Val...I like the cream and maroon combo and the diamonds. Hmmm...I think I have some of that pp tucked away somewhere.
    The bits of doodling enhance the dies tucked in here and there and that punch is a must have.....Now I'm off to the thesaurus to find out what Pediment means. Congratulations on the well deserved recognition for you art...So lovely to have you back safely :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you had a wonderful holiday Val, but as you say, it is always nice to get home too! ;-)
    I am sure you will be super inspired to created and have lots of photo's to play with! ;-))
    Congrats on your features...your work is really super and so each feature is certainly deserving! Great page for Let's Scrap...as always your photo's are magic and the colouring of your page is awesome! Love the details...a great page! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aah!!!! So you ARE home:):):) you did have a lot of wins while you were away...good reason to go again, eh??!!!! This double is fab...those b&w diamonds in the bg look perfect:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to have you back Val! A beautifully put together page & so many accolades - congratulations!! We went overseas for a month in December & I came back needing a holiday - it was utterly exhausting but of course exhilarating too. Not really a holiday in the true sense of the word but rather "travels"

    ReplyDelete