Pages

Wednesday, 31 July 2013

LET'S SCRAP - SKETCH REVEAL

Hello Everyone

It is Hump Day which means not only are we half way through the week but also that the new sketch over at Let's Scrap has been revealed, you should definitely take a look, they have loads of sketches and some wonderful inspiration in the gallery and they have a DT call out at the moment - so please go and check it out.

Here is this weeks sketch...


Here is my take on the sketch...


I am really loving single pages at the moment and I only had this one photo of Clint and Lin - taken a couple of weekends ago - and I really liked it and wanted to scrap it so I did :) As my photo was landscape and not portrait, I rotated the right hand page. I also really wanted to use this paper from Kaiser Craft - which I really love and which was left over from my Scrap Around the World - Paris layout I cut some of the strips into banners, and layered them with some washi tape and some ribbon.

My journaling (on the back of the layout) says:

You just never know what life has in store for you. The good, the bad or the ugly. I have always believed that everything happens at the right time and for the right reason and that the only choice we have in life is how we react to what comes our way. You can either be broken and defeated by it or you can rise up and accept it and and let it make you a stronger and a better person. We are not defined by what happens to us we are defined by how we react to what happens to us. Things may not have worked out the way you two had planned but sometimes a nudge is just what is needed to push us forward. I am so looking forward to this journey with you and I am so happy to have you both in my life and to be a part of yours. Love you both.

Here are some close-ups.


I didn't want to use more banners at the top because I had cute some of the strips into banners so I chose to fussy cut this advert with the butterfly and use that instead.


On this side of the photo I covered a chip board bracket and added that as well as the lace, flowers, buttons and the LOVE heart and ribbon. I also added some washi arrows to guide your eye around the layout.


I left the chipboard title raw and just inked the edges.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look I really appreciate it :D






13 comments:

  1. Lovely Val.....those papers are REALLY nice & look perfect behind the photo & I really, REALLY like how you treated ( or didn't !!) the chippy ...great finishing touch:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful...I adore those Kaiser papers and they look perfect with the photo. I'm sure Your wise and loving words will be "heard" and trusted. I agree, with you about not being defined by what happens, but by the way we react to what happens :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great way to use those scraps Val. I love it, especially your embellie clusters. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you did with the sketch and you PPs are fabulous. I totally agree with your journaling. I love reading your journaling, you are a great writer. Also I like that you write on the back of your layouts. I haven't seen anyone do that all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is SO beautiful!!! Love all of the strips of paper, looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely a work of art here, Val! And, in the near future, I will be quoting from your journaling! That, too, is just brilliant! You are such an inspiration to me in my work and in my life! Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The patterned paper strips make such a great mat for the lovely photo! And I love the corner cluster of blooms and buttons.:)

    Happy rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photo and layout, Val!
    Love the colours and patterns you've used...they really help the photo to shine :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is lovely! So well balanced and I love your mix of strips and the cluster....it all tones in together so well. And yes your journaling....You should be a writer!! And I agree with Kay...we are going to start quoting your journaling! It is so inspirational! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous layout Val!! Great take on the sketch and I love those papers and the matching flower cluster. Stunning!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another GORGEOUS layout Val! Love those colors and I love the mixing of paper, washi and ribbon. You make it look so simple. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous page Val! I love the background strips and the gorgeous colours! Such a super photo too! You have gorgeous children and know you are so very proud of them! ;-) Thanks for your BoBunny congrats, I really do appreciate it! xx

    ReplyDelete