Pages

Monday, 22 July 2013

OUAS/BERRY71BLEU CHALLENGES

Hello Everyone

Today I have my layout for the challenge over at OUAS and this month the theme is ...

GROW


Here is the sketch ...


And... here is my layout...


The two background papers are from My Minds Eye - Wild Asparagus, the remaining papers are from Graphic 45 and then also some washi tape.

I started of by making some splats using Tim Holtz distress stains in Antique Linen, Tea Dye and Shabby Shutters and then misting with a mix of plain water and clear perfect pearls and got this lovely watercolour effect that I was absolutely delighted with. Then I stamped a script with Antique Linen through the splats and then used a post stamp with black archival ink.  The little tickets were stamped on left over bits of paper and say 'Always Remember'. The flowers are from Petaloo and my stash.

The quote says :  Grow old along with me, the best is yet to be...(John Lennon song for Yoko Ono)

My journaling on the back of the layout says:

You don't get to being married for 37 years without a lot of ups and downs and even in the darkest times I have never considered going it alone. We are in this together, forever, and that is just the way it is. So, grow old along with me, the best is yet to be, and when our time is come, we will be together as one...Together we are a formidable team.

Here are some close-ups.


You can see the watercolour misting and the stamping here...



The flowers with washi and the ticket...


The title and part of the song written on strips of paper.


The bottom with the splats and misting and the beautiful stamp, washi tape and another ticket.

I am also entering this layout into the July Challenge over at Berry71Bleu - this month the theme is ANYTHING GOES...


Thanks for taking a look.






18 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful page Val! I love the white base & your colouring. Very "Heather Jacob"!! with the stamps, film roll, etc...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the layers,great photo of hubby and the flowers framing the photo! The paint work is looking groovy as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another touching page, Val, with that "from-the-heart" journaling for which you have become famous! Heartfelt, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colours and design on this Val....I love the touch of Paris you included with the stamp. Your journalling is honest and strikes a chord with me...well done, your art is inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!! Incredible page Val. Love the touch of colouring on the background, I must try that technique myself, it looks fabulous. Love the colour combination and all the details. Beautiful!!
    ox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful page Val and love all the strips, gorgeous papers and stamping and splashing! Love the sentiment...so special and gorgeous! Loving your work girl! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your colour choice and the postal stamp is one of my faves.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning! The effect with the inks and spray came out amazing and provides the certain little something for the background. And I love the song you chose to scrap your marital journey with your hubby. John Lennon was the ultimate poet and his lyrics are such an awesome go-to source to help one say what they mean. Just lovely, Val. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. fabulous page love all the stamping and painting effects, great take on the challenge too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. REAAALY nice one, Val...love how you did that misting...must give it a go! And that cluster down the bottom of the stamping...totally perfect for your man page....& I wish I could use film strips as effectively as you do:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this Val! The misting and the stamping look fantabulous! and as usual...your journaling is fantastic and I love the title!

    ReplyDelete
  12. such a fabulous page Val ... love the colors and all your touches which make up this super duper layout x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the lyrics from the John Lennon song! Beautiful tribute to your relationship, Val :)
    Thank you for playing along with Berry71Bleu.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful layout! Love the mix of papers and techniques! Thanks for joining us at Berry71bleu!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great layout and post!! I love the way you used the lyrics for your journaling and all of the stamping/misting you added to create an interesting background. Thanks for joining us in the July Berry71Bleu Challenge :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous page! I love the stamping and the film strips. Thanks for joining the challenge at Zeus and Zoe!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely page and layering!
    In behalf of Berry71bleu DT, thank you for joining our challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love everything about this!!And I actually used that quote on my layout of our 30years together...brought a tear to my hubby's Mum!

    ReplyDelete