Pages

Friday, 19 July 2013

SCRAP AROUND THE WORLD

Hello Everyone

Today I am here with my entry for the Scrap Around the World challenge...created this month by Kerin Tamir.


So pretty and romantic and shabby  :D  Here is my take on the challenge...


I was inspired by the shabby chic feel of the inspiration board and particularly by the hearts and that immediately made me think of Paris which, to me, is absolutely the city of love ... I love these papers from Kaiser Craft 75 Cents Collection and I had the perfect photo to use from my trip to Paris last month.

My journalling (on the back of the layout reads)

Paris, for me, is possibly the most beautiful city in the world. I just love the buildings, especially prettied up with boxes of summer flowers, the street cafes, the monuments and the museums, the beautiful Seine river that flows through it, the language, the music and the very chic people that live there. I am lucky enough to have visited Paris three times but this time was really special for me as I was able to share the experience with my family. How wonderful it was to walk around discovering all that this wonderful city has to offer, especially as I now see things through the eye of my lens. I love this photo that I took of the Eiffel Tower as to me it screams Parisienne...

Here are some close-ups of my layout.


I started of by using a stencil and some coloured gesso on the background page and then did some random stamping in a brown.


In the bottom corner I added a couple of hat pins to the ribbon, a flower cluster with a little heart that I stamped script onto and the cutout advert with the butterfly.


I also used a couple of Tim Holtz pediments and a page from an old dictionary that had the definition of 'ROMANCE', the bee clock and little love stamp were stamped onto the pattern paper and are Prima Stamps.


Lastly I added some lace and another Paris image stamp and the PARIS chippie...

Thank you for stopping by to take a look. I really appreciate it.






21 comments:

  1. Oo la la Val...tres Jolie. A great photo and I love the Kaisercraft pp you've used. Lots of lovely layers and tiny details add to the elegance of this page. Bravo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the papers and layers! And how clever you used all three the Timy Pediments!!! Great clusters as well...lovely page Val!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Booo-tiful, love the Paris chippie perfect for this page! Tx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh-la-lah! J'adore Paris aussi!!!! Glad you enjoyed it:):) And your page SCREAMS your love of this most fabulous of cities!!! Wonderful layers here:):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very lovely Val...I just might do this challenge, great sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an awesome take on the challenge inspiration. So love the shabby vintage feel.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous layout Val - thank you for your entry. Lisa is our Guest Designer this month - the mood board was created by Keren Tamir, one of our DT members. Sure you must be missing Paris already - I know I still am!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous and oh sooo lovely! Love Paris too and hopefully I'll be able to return one day with my family. I love the feeling you've captured with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful layout Val. Gorgeous treatment on the background and you've created a really romantic page. Love it!! I've become a follower too. Your work is fabulous!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all the pieces'n'parts, Val, but what blows me away here is the incredible color combination! Love, love, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. fabulous take on challenge....... lovely colour and details....oh yes...I love PARIS too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just beautiful love looking at it as I see so much in it. love your colours. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is awesome Val!! It has such an old world romantic feel to it. Love that Paris chippie!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is beautiful, so much to admire. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. such a lovely layout!! thanks for joining us at SATW

    ReplyDelete
  16. Simply beautiful! Love your choice of papers & your journaling is great...fantastic take on the sketch & mood board :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your shabby chic take on Keren's moodboard! Thank you for playing along with Scrap Around the World.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning page Val and love the romance that just flows from this page! Paris is certainly the city of love and passion and one can certainly see this in your page! You have really captured it's essence and the details are just stunning! Sooooo beautifully done! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Mais oui, who doesn't miss la Paris! this is so very chic, absolutely gorgeous Val! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at SATW! Looking forward to your take on the August challenge, which is hosted by .. moi! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. this is just so beautiful!! absolutely stunning!!
    thanks for joining us at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  21. A beautiful elegant page. Thank you so much for joining in at SATW.

    ReplyDelete