Pages

Tuesday, 23 July 2013

SCRAP FRIENDS SKETCH CHALLENGE


Hello Everyone

I am back today with my layout for the Scrap Friends sketch challenge. If you don't already take part you should take a look at their wonderful sketches, and they also have a colour challenge too.

Here is the sketch for July.


Here is my layout. Which I rotated because my photos were portrait and not landscape but also because of the topic I wanted my photos to float.


I used papers by My Minds Eye - So Sophie collection that were perfect for the colours in my photos.

The quote on the layout says:

It's not who you are that holds you back it's who you think you are not! (Perfect huh?)

My journaling (on the back of the layout) says:

When we arrived in Cologne it was hot and we were all tired and hungry and all we wanted was something to eat and a very cold beer. From the station and up the steps to the Cologne Cathedral we walked and straight into the square where all the restaurants and shops were and while we were looking for somewhere to go I spotted these two guys on the street. I was completely taken by them and had to take some photos, then I was curious as to how they accomplished this feat. I walked all the way around them feeling the space between them and for the life of me I could not see the trick, he was really floating. Just the guy at the bottom sitting on his mat holding a stick and the guy on top floating holding the other end of the stick. Perfectly still, eyes closed and no movement at all, not a flicker of eyelids, or a twitch of hands or feet...Just stillness and peace. They were totally oblivious to everything that was going on around them. It was as if nothing else existed...It was magic!

Here are some close-ups of my layout.  First of all I stamped a random cross hatch patter all over the botttom half of the layout using Scattered Straw distress ink. Then I stamped a clock face stamp in the same colour over that. 


The circles were cut using a punch and offset with a little bling in each one of them.


 The chevron arrows  were cut from squares and the arrows between them stamped using black archival ink. The quote and the coffee stains (Tim Holtz stamps) were also stamped with the same black ink, the little arrow above the quote is washi tape. I also added the aqua washi along the sides of the strips and added the buttons.


The title was painted using black soot distress paint and then diamond glazed. All of the bits were doodled.


The tags were made from the papers and the words on them... memories and travel are bits of washi tape, the tags were tied with bakers twine. I added a butterfly and a flower from my stash.

Thanks for coming by to take a look.






13 comments:

  1. Super page Val and these papers match so perfectly with your photo's! Love the stamping and tags at the bottom! Me wonders....how do these guys do this?..and of course that stamp that is just fabulous and is certainly a point to ponder! Beautiful work! ;-)
    PS Thanks for always leaving such super comments on my blog...I truly appreciate them! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful layout and a great creative take on the sketch.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, love the yellow!! really nice take on the sketch too! and how cool are those photos!!! thanks for playing along :)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh! Like how you combined twines ...& that little cluster! The diamond glaze works really well, too....great take on the sketch...but there's GOTTA be a trick to that levitation...surely????!!!!! Oh, thanks as always for sharing at SF:):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow Val, I LOVE this LO, love how you interpreted the sketch, and used two different colors of twine. Awesome!
    TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, levitating for real? that's awesome and an awesome way to scrap it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! what a great pic, thanks for sharing.... and totally love the way you have adapted it to the sketch !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this layout Val. The colours are perfect and love all the little details you added .. and those photos .. WoW!! How on earth did they do it? All I can say is Magic Trick ... Magic Page!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifully executed and well thought out page Val.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marvellous...How DO they do that!!! A fabulous travel moment captured and scrapped...Love the exotic colours and quote. Stunning all round :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Val! Thanks so much for your comment on my SATW lo, I really appreciate it! You have a lovely blog....I laughed out loud at your description of yourself!!! I have been known to be constantly snapping my family as well! (Well we do need lots of photos to scrap don't we???LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. How rare when a sketch and papers and photos and journaling all "match" so perfectly, Val, but this is the case with this great layout! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that Quote...must remember that!! A bit of me there! Love your page as always xx

    ReplyDelete