Pages

Saturday, 3 August 2013

CSI CASE #83

Hello everyone

 I hope you are all enjoying your weekend. I had a wonderful class this morning with Denise van Deventer, we were on the DT together at Let's Scrap a while back and have been cyber buddies ever since. Anyway she said she was doing a canvas class and I had nothing on so I went. I had such fun and she is a very talented scrapper. It is so nice to go to a class now and again and not have to think about anything. Just do it.... I will post a pic of it when I am done. DH has gone to the rugby so the house is nice and quiet and I can get some scrapping done.

Today I have the newest case file from CSI, and the colours and theme are so nice this week. Go and take a look and what the rest of the DT has come up with. They are such an amazing group of seriously talented scrappers.

Here is the case file...


Here is my layout...


Here is how I solved the case.

Scheme - the colours are all there - though the red does look very dark on my layout :(
Evidence - Stripes, tags, jewels, stamps, circles, punches.
Testimony - Document a journey.
Journaling (on the back of my layout) reads:

5 girls, 4 days, 2 countries, 1 ship + TOTAL MAYHEM :D... Back in 2006 the five of us decided to take a scrapbooking cruise from Durban to Bazaruto, a little island off the coast of Mocambique. Tiff had her hubby with her and the other four of us climbed into a car from Johannesburg and hit the road. 7 long hours later we arrived in Durban and booked into our gorgeous B & B right on the beach, it was our last chance to make sure we had everything we needed for the cruise. The following morning we made our way down to the docks with a very small hand luggage each and loads of scrapping stuff. After checking in, finding our room and depositing all our luggage we headed to one of the decks (photo) where we sat along the rail, drank margaritas and waved goodbye :) It was just downhill from there. The margaritas flowed fast and easy, the food was great, the entertainment - jolly and the classes a hoot. The first day was a fancy dress and we went dressed as construction workers called the 'TOOL TIME TARTS' and we won a prize... BUT...we also decided to dress up the following day. In red silk pajamas and with a little pink stuffed pig became pigs in pajamas... it was a riot, we felt like celebs EVERYONE wanted to take our photo. We stayed up late each night partying and started early each morning and enjoyed every single minute of the that cruise and I would do it again in a heartbeat. I don't think I have ever had so much fun. I still giggle when I see these photos. Let the good times roll.

Here are some close-ups of my layout... I used papers from Theresa Collins which were perfect for the colours and the theme.


I started with the blue chevon paper and added a layer of gesso and randomly punched around the outside of the layout and used that for my background.


There were loads of tags and sayings and even a postcard and stamps to fussy cut out and layer up. I also added a wooden ticket and some petaloo flowers, cut up some bling and stuck it in among the flowers. I found the oblong journal brad in my stash and used that at the bottom.


I also found half a photo viewer wheel in my stash and inked it and backed it onto some kraft cardstock. Finally,  I used the travel journal as my title.

 

I cut out some tabs and used them on the side together with a document tag and a compass..

I loved this case file it really was a lot of fun. Thanks for stopping by to take a look :D





13 comments:

  1. This really IS a fun page...that photo viewer-y thingy was a great find! And that cluster of flowers looks fab...these are great colours AGAIN this week......:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous page Val, and you really must have enjoyed that trip. Sounds like a hoot!! Your layout is divine. Love the papers, love all the layering and that random punch around your base page really sets it off. Love it!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is superb! love all your layers....you always put things together so well!! Your trip sounds like you had way too much fun!! LOL I bet you were exhausted when you got home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great paper mix and fantastic layering! Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a fun time you had...I'd love to do a cruise like that! Did you get any scrapbooking done? Lol
    Love the colours, patterns, layers and angles on this one Val...oh and all the fun elements you've used too :) Gorgeous work!
    On a different note....are you from Ireland? (Going by the comment you left on my blog). If so, where abouts in Ireland are you from? And ill make sure we give a big wave if we go there :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This may be my favorite yet! This screams fun! The layering is awesome, the design is awesome...I love it!! Of course my very favorite part is the journaling...you are just too fun! I'm green with envy. That scrapping cruise sounds like an absolute BLAST!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing coming to see it up close!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You nailed the challenge this week Val...your page just shouts holiday and fun....the globes, compass and stamps all add to the travel theme. I'd never be able to go on one of those cruises, because I'd want to take my entire craft room with me . lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Val, I am so glad you came on Saturday and really enjoyed meeting you! Sometimes the classes get a bit hectic, especially when one has 3 new scrappers! LOL...thanks for bearing with me! ;-) So sorry that I forgot to give you your change...will hopefully see you soon and return it!

    I so love this page and the layering and filmstrips are super! So many beautiful details! I have these papers from Teresa Collins too, and they are just fabulous!
    Such a great reminder of this fun trip you had and it is documented so beautifully, as you always do! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic Val! Great mix of stash here & busy detailing but doesn't look overwhelming - just amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab layout! And such fun on the cruise! You truly rock the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh Val, where did you get that photo viewer? I am drooling over here. Great colors with you adorable photo. I love, love, love all the layering. You make it look so effortless.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I heard myself thinking...and a partridge in a pear tree! Quite the lead-in to your awesome storytelling, Val! Love your layering technique taken to the max here!

    ReplyDelete