Pages

Monday, 5 August 2013

MONDAY. MONDAY ...

Hello Everyone

Happy Monday! :) I love Mondays... it's the start of a new week, always the first day of any new thing I start like a diet, or exercise or in my case... this months scrappy challenges :D

I have just finished my layout for the Sketchbook 365 challenge. This is such a nice scrapbooking magazine and I love their sketches and if you haven't seen them before I suggest you go and take a look... there is loads of inspiration from their amazing DT too.

Here is the sketch - and this one closes on 8 August, so if you want to join in you have a few more days to go.



Here is my layout. I rotated it because I thought it would suit my photo better :D


The papers I used are from Theresa Collins. I love this range of papers they are so sturdy, and my photo was in black and white and I wanted to keep to grey and white with a pop of one other colour... in this case red.

My journaling (on the back of the layout) says:

Clint and I both share a love of photography and whilst neither of us has aspirations of becoming the next Lord Lichfield we both strive to take the very best photos that we can at any given time or place. It was such fun to get home after a long day out and download our photos and chat about them - same place, same conditions, same camera and equipment, two different people and two very different shots. It is so difficult to take a photo of a popular place anywhere and get the shot without traffic or people in it, well not so as it detracts from your focal point, to get it in the right light or the right angle. It rained every single day that we were in Paris and not that it spoilt anything for us but it is almost impossible to get decent photos in the rain. The day that we went on our behind the scenes tour of the Eiffel tower we were early and had time to explore the surrounding area. Across the road we found a wonderful merry go round and a gap in the rain. I think that this photo has to be one of my all time favourites but is definitely my favourite from the holiday and was taken by Clint on his iPhone. I think it is truly spectacular. For me it epitomises Paris, carnivals, Eiffel tower, Moulin Rouge, Edith Piaf and Romance... all in this one little photo. The quote on the side of the photo says - Some moments are worth holding in your heart forever - this is one such moment. Whenever I see this photo memories of Paris come flooding back.

Here are some close ups of my layout.



First of all I used my Tim Holtz distress stain in Picket Fence to create some splats.. then I layered up some washi tape, banners cut from the paper and some dry wall tape. On top of all of this are the photo mats.


I used some stamps from my stash (that are very Parisienne) all around my layout. The big arrows were cut from paper and then on top I used my arrow washi tape.


The flowers were fussy cut from the paper and added and then I used micro beads for the centers... these were topped with some Prima silk flowers and some red organza flowers.


More stamps, washi and a Theresa Collins brad and quote were added to the bottom corner and I doodled around my whole layout, the arrows, banners and photo mats. 


On this one you can see the stamp on the side and also the hand pointing washi tape .

Thank you for stopping by to take a look. I really appreciate it.







11 comments:

  1. Oh wow Val...how stunning is this page! The red just pops this page beautifully! Love that background and super stamping! I agree with you, what a fabulous photo! Fabulous page! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh la la...tres jolie Val. Love the dramatic colours you've chosen, perfect for this iconic photo. You worked the sketch to perfection and I love all your background stamping. Your journalling really bring the photo to life. Beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colour scheme - TICK; photo - BIG TICK; arrows in all shapes - TICK; journaling - TICK....guess what Val? I LOOOVE this one, cos it ticks all my boxes:):):) LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is FANTASTIC Val! I love the striking simplicity of it - GREAT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant layout Val. Fabulous colours and the combination of the die-cut flowers and the silk ... magic!! Totally stunning!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  6. this caught my eye on Sketchbook 365 it's beautiful! love that photo, I love how you shared your story about photography, I passionately love it too, that's such a huge reason why I love scrapbooking so much....love the red with the black and grey, great design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Val, your color combinations are phenomenal! I love your pic in B&W. Such a fun layout full of layering and color. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all that "white" space, Val! Perfect rotation to accommodate your photo! Just keep going back and looking at this layout. That red is just mezmerizing! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Truly on love with that beautiful shot, it's such a different view for the tower and so very appealing. There was a perfume ad with a model sitting in the carrousel and the tower at the back, but Clint's I like better. Your page is truly evocative and beautiful and my what a treat to always read your stories!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW - love this!! Love how good the red looks on the grey!

    ReplyDelete