Pages

Tuesday, 13 August 2013

TIME

Hello Everyone

I have been busy with a layout for the August Scrap Friends challenge..

 Here is this months sketch.


Here is my layout.


I used kraft paper and washi tapes in black and white. Plus, some stamping and some rub-ons. At the end I couldn't resist adding just a little pop of red.

I always listen to music when I scrap and I have an eclectic mix of music and a song came up by Pink Floyd called TIME and that triggered my inspiration for this layout. I love to take photos of clocks and this particular one is so pretty and looks a little more kraft in real life... and so a layout was born.

My journaling (on the back) says:
How many times over the years have I wished that I could save time in a bottle... slowed down time... had some or other time over again... wasted time... when all I had to do was to make sure that I was completely present all the time, fully appreciating every moment of time.  Instead I have spent most of my life wishing I was older, wiser, somewhere else, someone else, richer, single, married, wishing it was Christmas or our next vacation, wishing I could have kids, wishing that the kids were done with school, out of the house, wishing it was the weekend, wishing it was my birthday. I have spent most of my life wishing for something else instead of fully appreciating who I am and what I have. I promised myself that when I had this ah-ha moment that I would NOT wish that I could go back in time and do it all again properly but that from that minute on I would be grateful for every single moment of time that I have good or bad, hard or easy that I would just be present wherever I was or what I was doing giving that moment 100% of myself.
I am, however, so grateful that I scrapbook so that I can record these pearls of wisdom for my kids and their kids so that they learn the value of time and just how precious it is. The thing is we just NEVER know how much time we have. The song – says it all.
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way

Tired of lying in the sunshine
Staying home to watch the rain
And you are young and life is long
And there is time to kill today
And then one day you find
Ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run
You missed the starting gun

And you run, and you run to catch up with the sun, but it's sinking
Racing around to come up behind you again
The sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death

Every year is getting shorter
Never seem to find the time
Plans that either come to naught
Or half a page of scribbled lines
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
The time is gone
The song is over
Thought I'd something more to say

Home, home again
I like to be here when I can
When I come home cold and tired
It's good to warm my bones beside the fire
Far away across the field
The tolling of the iron bell
Calls the faithful to their knees
To hear the softly spoken magic spells
Here are some closeups of my layout.


I marked off the areas, with a black pen, where I wanted to put the washi tape. I changed the photo a bit to make it more of a kraft colour (even though it looks verypinky) and printed it out like a polaroid and stamped the 'time' on it. The chippie rectangle behind the photo is left over from some words and I painted it black and randomly stuck some black micro beads onto it. The doilie and pointing hand were also added. Once I had assembled the photo mats I added the film strip washi and the clock rub-ons then the flowers, tickets and butterflies.


Here you can see how I put the chevron strips of washi tape. The word IMAGINE was also painted black and sprinkled with black micro beads and placed next to the pointing hand. Some random bling was added for interest.


Here you can see the saying that I stamped and the little cluster at the bottom with the butterfly.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look.



23 comments:

  1. Val...I don't even know what to say. This post is so much more than a scrapbook page....so perfect and so right!!! Love your heart and wisdom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Val this is absolutely stunning!!! Wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg.. this is so perfectly aligned! wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome details! Looks lovely!! Kraft it up don't allow you to combine challenges and internationals don't win prizes either sorry to say :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a clever take on the sketch Val!!! Great use of the Washi Tape...well done girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous layout, Valerie!! love the black& white combo with black and slight hints of red! gorgeous!! thanks for playing along with us at ScrapFriends and KIU :)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have created this with a meticulousness that totally escapes me! Not sure even if I could do it, I would have the patience to do so. I salute you, Val! This is incredible, as is, of course, your beautiful, soulful journaling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ....and DITTO to all the above. Those chevrons. Wowsies! I am sooooo glad you did this one & that Scrap Friends helped inspire it...perfect marriage with the KIU challenge, too.....sublime, simply sublime:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE what you've done with the sketch! GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A stellar page Val...created with precision and dexterity....the strong colours provide a perfect foil for your self reflection and analysis. The page and the journalling create a kind of Zen feeling....just content...to BE in the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This layout is amazing! Love every detail..:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome Val ... what a fabulous take on the sketch. Love the kraft and the black and white and with that little pop of red it's just stunning!!! Loooove your journaling, you always put your whole heart into it and love that song too. Soooo magical!!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  13. great layout-its so perfect to the sketch that I actually thought it was the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is an amazing take on the sketch, love the colors you have used and fabulous chevrons too!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wowie-zowie! This is spectacular! So cool how you did those chevrons, and your journaling, as always, is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a cool interpretation of the sketch Val, I love the kraft monochrome and the touch of red is oh so perfect!!! and I too love that song, I can't scrap without my background music either, LOL, time is such a perfect subject, I guess we've all been there!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this Val and when I first looked at it... I thought OMG...it is so perfectly aligned! Managing a few straight lines is enough for me! Love your journaling...so true...so very true!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your chevrons using the washi tape...and the pops of red look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The washi-tape chevrons are fabulous! So true about time! I totally get what you're saying! Thank you for joining us at Scrap Friends!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I could have sworn that I had commented on this page! Must be the old age creeping on! Beautiful page Val and love how you made the sketch your own! Love everything about it...beautiful details!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Val - fantastic laout, as always. I truly LOVE Your art. Greetings from Poland! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh Val... this is just a sensational page but the writing with it!! Just beautiful XO

    ReplyDelete