Pages

Tuesday, 24 September 2013

CROOKED SPIRE

Hello Everyone

Today I have my layout for the Scrap Around the World Challenge...

I loved this month's mood board all dramatic, in black and white... and the sketch is just gorgeous. You still have time to play so go and check it out. This is a fab site.


Here is my layout.



The quote on the front of the layout says...'Ones destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things....'

My journalling (one the back) says...

When we were in Germany we stayed in a little village called Naght's Heim for the weekend of the Grand Prix. While Clint and Simon were at the race Storm and I went to another village about 15kms away called Mayen, to have a little look around. It was a really pretty little place and right in the center of the town they have this church called St Clemens, which had a crooked spire. The story goes something like this... when the church was built the Devil was so angry that he bent and twisted the spire as a reminder of his displeasure... and so it stands with its twisted spire...It looked to me a bit like an elfs hat :D I couldn't make up my mind if it was a pretty church or not but it certainly was different. I am not a religious person either but it was also one church that I had no desire to go inside... Superstitious or what?

Here are some close-ups.

                                     

I only used plain white and some black, for mattting, cardstock on this layout. The rest is washi tape all in black and white. First of all I used my new stencil with gesso just for some texture. The doily at the top is a rub-on by Kaiser Craft. I am not sure whose the chippie is but I just painted it black.


The stamp on the side was stamped in black ink and the butterfly was cut using my Martha Stewart punch.


At the bottom I added some lace with bling in it and then just clustered flowers in black, white and silver.. The quote at the bottom of the layout is a rub-on from my stash. I swiped all the flowers and lace with gesso.

This was such a fun challenge to play along with. Thank you so much Helen Tilbury and gang for providing such a wonderful challenge blog. I appreciate ALL of your hard work :D

Thanks for taking a look. I love to get the visits.



20 comments:

  1. You really rocked the black and white theme Val. I've not heard of this place, but it does look eerie; I'm not sure I would have wanted to go in either. Love the swirly chippie and the bold clustering at the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh VAL!!! This is simply superb!!! Just adore it!! You. Rocked this one!!!! Thanks for playing again :))))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously I thought your layout was a mood board! This is just OMG-ly awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this LO Val!!! You captured the eerie feeling of the church perfectly...and your pointing hand and arrow washi tapes going in different directions certainly contribute to the feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A stunning take on the mood board. Loving the monochromatic colouring.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just fabulous Valerie! I just love what you did with the sketch and the mood board, great LO and so glad you joined us at SATW!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with you on the spooky appearance of the Church. I really like all the detail on your layout . These elements as well as the black and white theme make it really moody

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous page! Thank you for playing with us at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your page is fantastic !! You have really embraced the mood board and sketch perfectly. I love that beautiful stamp and the flourish at the top along with your gorgeous floral cluster across the bottom. Thanks for sharing the story too....I'm with you, I think the church looks a little spooky. Thank you so much for playing along with us this month at Scrap Around The World.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab take on the challenge & I really like the Devil story! And I cannot believe you've got so much B&W washi!!! Now, that's a worry!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your take on this challenge Val. That church looks like a spooky place, I don't think I would have wanted to go inside either. Your page is gorgeous, love the black and white. Absolutely fabulous!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Val I so love travel photos and the stories behind them. Germany has so many pretty little villages to explore and each have a unique story to tell. Thanks for sharing your story of Mayen. The black & white is perfect for the photos and of course you've gotta love a bit of washi tape. Lovin' the flower clustering too :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. stunning, striking and sensational .... you have nailed this challenge Val, loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee it x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow Val! that spire sure is something extraordinary, don't think I've seen the likes of it! There is something so striking with your page, the washi and the gorgeous cluster. Thank you so much for joining in with us at SATW again!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I rarely used the (often) overused comment of "stunning," but, in this case, I have to make an exception. This layout is extraordinarily stunning, Val!! The black'n'white color palette is absolutely striking. I love how you have used your black'n'white washi tape for the backdrop! All I can add is WOW! WOW! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing and stunning work as always Val, such a striking composition!!! A real stand out piece, and loved reading about the church, surely a most unusual looking church!!! The quote is a perfect fit with the photo, lol!! Again, I must say how stunning this page is!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love, love, love this Val - the black and white theme looks amazing and I love how you have used the washi tape!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amazing details, photos, flower cluster and washi tape background.... Gorgeous work Val. xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome page Val! Love everything about it! Love the styling, dramatic colours and beautiful blooms! Really a fabulous page and a fave for me! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just fab your layout! Love this interpretation! thanks for joining us at SATW!!

    ReplyDelete