Pages

Monday, 30 September 2013

HAPPINESS


Good Morning Everyone, from a windy and slightly chilly Johannesburg :D

I am late with this weeks CSI file but I was man down for two days with an awful migraine and that really set me back, but I have it ready now.

Here is this weeks case file.


Here is my layout.



Here is how I solved the case.

Scheme - the colours are all there
Evidence - Bird, leaves, teapot, metal accents (pins) ,irredescent (Flowers)
Testimony - Something(s) I enjoy daily.
My Journalling (on the back) says:

Well I am not sure that this is as much something I enjoy daily as it is essential to my happiness and sanity. :D
I cannot begin my day without a cup of tea, and my DH brings me my first cuppa bright and early every single day. There is NOTHING quite like that first cup of tea of the day. It is kind of like the first ciggie of the day for smokers. It allows me time in the morning to gather my thoughts, ground myself and plan my day.
I have music playing all day every day, sometimes the radio but more often than not my iPod. I have collected over 6000 of my favourite musicians and songs and I just put it on random and it plays from morn till night, filling my soul with happiness. I just can’t imagine a life without music.
I scrap every day too, my studio is my safe place and it is mine alone. No-one comes into my space unless they are invited. I can create to my heart’s content. When I walk in there I am immediately calm and a peace with the world. Sometimes I just sit and enjoy my space surrounded by all the things that make me happy, paper, photos, my dogs, music, and tea. :D
I read every day, normally before I go to bed, and although I have all my books on my iPad now I still prefer the feel and smell of a real book. I have collected all the books of my favourite authors and they can be found all over the house. Visitors will not be short of reading material here. :D I love that I can immediately be transported to a different time, place or culture just by opening a book. What a wonderful world we live in.
Finally, I also take photos every day. It started about two years ago when I joined Fatmumslim on her photo-a-day quest and then continued when I got my new camera. I love that it makes me really look at things and I have learned also to see beauty in things that are not necessarily conventionally beautiful, a big thing in today's society.
These are the things that I do every single day without fail and no matter where I am and who I am with and they are essential to my happiness and well being. I thank God every day for my life.

Here are some close- ups...


I created my layout with a photo of myself with strings radiating out to all the things that I consider essential to my happiness.


The happiness meter on this paper was perfect and I used Tim Holtz clear blocks to highlight the 'Like Clockwork' and 'Totally Ecstatic' on these papers. I used the flowers with the bird at the top of the layout.


At the bottom I coloured some seam binding with Tim Holtz distress stains to make it yellow and added the flowers with the pins in it. I have journalled along the strings to the various photos.

Thanks for taking a look, I really appreciate the visits. Have a great week.





10 comments:

  1. Ooooh Val just LOVE your journalling!! and that happiness meter, how brill is that! Totally with you re real books, nothing beats holding one and just immersing in the plot. Not quite the same with a pad. The strings leading to your musts is such a cool idea, really like it! wonderful take on the case file Val! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo can relate to your day, apart from the music. I like silence! And love the graphic lines & the way you've got that row of b&w photos...nice one,Val:):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another stunning case solved Val. Your journalling is wonderful and I'm sure we must be twins cause I also love my first cup of tea for the day, and listening to music and reading before I go to sleep are also things I "must" do everyday otherwise my day just isn't right. Although I haven't gone to the dark side yet in regard to using an ipad for reading. But the day will come :( Thanks for sharing this part of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Val, I hope you are feeling better, Migraines are so debilitating. I really like the design. The strings leading from you are show how important your daily "fixes" are and I relate to all of them. Love the sweet little birds singing in the gardens...Fabulous all round :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Val...so pleased to hear that you are feeling better! I love your styling on this page...so very clever and creative and of course...just love the sentiment! So beautifully documented! We all have our little things that are so important to our sanity and sense of normality.....it was super to read about yours! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to hear that you are feeling better now. Love what you have in a day, all summed up in the page. Though I'm pretty sure there's much more to this 12x12 beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Val, I really love this! Your journaling tells me we have a lot in common :) While I have both a kindle and iPad, I can't quite give up traditional books. I love the smell and feel of books. I also have a book blog where I review books that have really moved me. I always have my iPod with me. It's 8 yrs old, but I won't get rid of it because my hubby engraved the back with a special message :) Those who papercraft are so friendly and generous. Glad to have met you and look forward to more inspiration from you :)

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing layout!! Amazing life too!!! Wish I could do all my favourite things every day but have to contain it until the evening (more like half the night LOL) after my day job. Wonderful Happiness metre & so glad to know someone so positve living such a lovely life. I love my tea, music, photography & scrapbooking too!! Most of my favourite things right there!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this Val! I saw it on FB and meant to comment then. I really like that you journaled along the strings. It really gives the layout motion. A wonderful thing to document. I am so in withdrawl from scrapping. When I don't have the opportunity to scrap for long periods of time, I almost forget how. It takes me forever to get back into the creative groove. When I'm "playing" on a daily basis it just flows out of me. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this Val! I saw it on FB and meant to comment then. I really like that you journaled along the strings. It really gives the layout motion. A wonderful thing to document. I am so in withdrawl from scrapping. When I don't have the opportunity to scrap for long periods of time, I almost forget how. It takes me forever to get back into the creative groove. When I'm "playing" on a daily basis it just flows out of me. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete