Pages

Wednesday, 4 September 2013

PARIS


Hello everyone ...

Today I have two exciting bits of  news for you and one layout :D

The first piece of news is that  I will be joining the DT Team at OUAS  and together with Tracey Sabella we will take over the social media co-ordination. We will ensure the smooth running of the blog, the challenge entries, FB page, and all the other stuff that is required to keep it all running like a well oiled machine. I am really looking forward to working with Nadia and the rest of the team. :) Thank you so much for putting your faith in me, I will not let you down :D

The other bit of news is that I am staying on at Let's Scrap for another term but this time as an Administrator, and together with Debby, Cathy and Jeaunes we will keep this site running smoothly.

I am so excited to take on these new tasks and I hope that you will pop by take a look and perhaps play along with the challenges. :)

Being Wednesday also means that the new sketch for this week isrevealed at Let's Scrap and here it is.


Here is my layout. Yes I changed it a bit, but not so as you would notice it.


For this layout I used papers from Fab Scraps and plain cardstock in white,black, grey and green.

My journalling (on the back of the layout) says:

The Basilica of the Sacred Heart of Paris - more commonly known as Sacre Coeur Basilica is a Roman Catholic church that is situated at the summit of the butte Montmartre and is the highest point in Paris. It is also a double monument, political and cultural, and was designed by Paul Abadie, who died in 1884 just after the foundations had been laid. Construction started in 1975 and was completed in 1914, and it was consecrated at the end of World War 1 in 1919.
I think that this is one of the most beautiful churches that I have ever seen. I love the proud way it sits on top of the hill overlooking the whole of Paris. Regal and imposing, almost like it is guarding the city. I love the white walls, travertine which exudes calcite that ensures that the Basilica stays white even with weathering and pollution, and the beautiful Roman-Byzantine architecture, large and imposing.
Then there are the most magnificent views of Paris too, as far as the eye can see in every direction. It truly is one of the most breathtaking landmarks that I have ever visited. It doesn't matter when you go there there are always throngs of people wandering around the Basilica and spilling into the streets surrounding it soaking up the atmosphere where artists peddle their wares, stalls selling curious and brassieries offering food and drink. Buskers perform on the street corners and there is chatter and laughter that invites you to stay awhile and take it all in. Once you are there you really don't want to go :)

Here are some close-ups.


I started of my stamping on my white card with black ink and adding some mesh tape.



I added some banners and made the arrows using plain cardstock.

 

The stamp used on this side of the layout all relates to Paris... I also cut some film strip using my Tim Holtz die cut and the leaves were cut using my Silhouette machine.
  

I created a little cluster here with flowers, leaves and more film strip.


I finished it all of with a couple of Pediments by Tim Holtz. The whole layout was  doodled around and brushed with gesso, to tone it all down and blend it all together. The photos were taken on our recent trip to Paris with our kids.

 Thank you so much for stopping by to take a look. I love the comments that you leave and I appreciate the time that it takes. Till next time :D





18 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Beautiful LO Val! I love all the elements.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A stunning page to celebrate this famous place...I love that you've captured the grandeur of the architecture and the soft colours enhance without dominating. The Tim Holtz pediments, film strip and stamping all add interest and draw the eye around the page...LOVE this :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations agaion Val on joining the Team at OUAS and your new position at Let's Scrap. Hope you get a lot of enjoyment from both these positions, they are certainly well earned. Love your layout as always. You always have such fabulous photos and always create such magical pages around them. Really love the greys and whites with just that tiny splash of colour and love your interpretation of the sketch too. Just fabulous!!! oxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. I should really check my spelling before I publish my comments. Sorry, just put it down to fat fingers, hehehe!! oxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Val on your news! So awesome that you are joining OUAS and also staying on at Let's Scrap! Both are really lucky to have you and I wish you well! ;-)
    Super double pager as well...so love the photo's stamping and beautiful details! Your work is really gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soooooo gorgeous!
    Helen -- Firenze Cards

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful layout. Mesh? I have mesh. I need to get it out and use it. Thanks for sharing your work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. massive congrats to you Val, you will do an awesome job and also fabulous to be staying on with the team for another term .... woohoo you are on fire x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats Val on your admin position over at Let's Scrap ! Love your layout, it's just gorgeous !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Val on your good news and this layout is just gorgeous! Love the grey and white with the little pop of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this!! What a great double pager! Congrats to you too Val! You will be such an asset! WTG!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved Paris and this place, but had a migraine so climbing all those stairs to the top was LONG and HARD cos my head hurt with each step! Beautiful LO and great news on your admin possies!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad to have you on the OUAS team, Val :) Congrats! Your layout is just awesome!!! What a cool two pager - very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations being on OUAS team & admin at Let's Scrap! Love this work. Beautiful photography and classy scrapbooking ! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  15. CONGRATS on the design team! You are going to be a busy busy lady!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really gorgeous layout! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A really classy layout. Love the stamping!
    Congrats on your new roles. Have fun!:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely layout! Looks Heather Jacob inspired!! And woot woot on your exciting news!! I hope you enjoy your new positions. They are fun and interesting, just be careful they don't chomp up too much time that keeps you from (ironically) scrapbooking!! That's the problem I have right now!!!

    ReplyDelete