Pages

Monday, 2 September 2013

TIME

Hello everyone,

TIME to post another layout :D This time it is my Guest DT layout for Sketch Challenge #17 over at Scrap Friends, here is this months sketch.


Here is the layout that I created.


I used these old MME papers because I changed one of the photos into a light sepia colour and it just looked right.

My journalling (on the back of the layout) reads:

Outside of Paris Nord is this remarkable tower of clocks with times from different countries from all over the world. I was fascinated by it and all that time represented. Time spent on travel, time spent away from home, time spent in the various places that we visited, time spent in daylight, time spent sleeping, time spent together, time spent alone and how fast time was flying, time to come and time gone by. Then the song 'Time in a Bottle' by Jim Croce popped in to my head and I just couldn't let it go. This has to be one of my all time favourite songs.

If I could save time in a bottle
The first thing that I'd like to do
Is to save every day till eternity passes away
Just to spend them with you

If I could make days last forever
If words could make wishes come true
I'd save every day like a treasure and then
Again, I would spend them with you

But there never seems to be enough time
To do the things you want to do, once you find them
I've looked around enough to know
That you're the one I want to go through time with

If I had a box just for wishes
And dreams that had never come true
The box would be empty, except for the memory of how
They were answered by you

But there never seems to be enough time
To do the things you want to do, once you find them
I've looked around enough to know
That you're the one I want to go through time with

Then I realized that there is still so much that I want to do and so little time left to do it because there never seems to be enough time to do the things you want to once you find them. . My way of saving time in a bottle is scrapbooking and  I thank God every day for my hobby,  for my stories, for my memories, and for my ability to be able to translate it all into something that others can enjoy too.

Here are some close ups.


I used some pieces of washi tape on the edges of the layout and also on the photo mats, and I also created some random areas of micro beads, on the layout and on the brackets. There is a little bit of dry wall tape on the layout too.


Here you can see the areas of washi tape and micro beads.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look.  I will be back tomorrow with some photos of our weekend away at our Scrapbook Expo. We had such a good time.





17 comments:

  1. Glad you got hold of the mesh tape & are cracking out the micro beads - I love that they are having a revival! Great take on that sketch Val!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab Val. Loving the colour combinations. And how cute are the teeny weeny micro beads! I have not seen that clock in Paris, must remember to next time we are there...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your take on this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great take on the sketch Val! I saw the sketch and freaked out! LOL I would love to see that clock tower....looks fascinating! Love your choice of colours and love your journaling as always!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Val...Like Leanne, I was a bit freaked by the sketch, but you make it look easy....LOve those clock towers and the little micro beads add beautiful colour and texture. Your journalling combined with the song, is a powerful reminded to make the most of every day :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this page Val, super gorgeous. The strips of paper the dry wall tape and those micro beads ... just amazing. You put all these things together so well they look fantastic. Love it!! (I might have to pinch that micro bead idea .. hehehe) ox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colours & your layers under the fabo photos...great take on the sketch, Val!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous page Val, love the colouring and love the photo's! I have also always loved that song by Jim Croce...and definitely is food for thought! Congrats on the GD spot at Scrap Friends! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous page, Val!! Love your take on the sketch. I'm looking forward to working with you at OUAS!! I'm now following you, too!! :-) ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats Val! You are the best! Love that you have so much journaling on your pages!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful layout, Val!!! Love that song and your comparison of scrapbooking and capturing time in a bottle :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so unique and creative!! What an awesome page!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Gosh...now I want to do a scrapbook page featuring that great song! I've always loved it, too! Val, congratulations on your Let's Scrap Administrative appointment! HOW GRAND! I love the write-up of you & you are darling on that photo! This layout is wonderful & the photo is fabulous ...love the meaning. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous layout. Great choice of papers and love how you have layered and framed the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those blue frames are GORGEOUS! This is such a stunning color combo. Love it, Val!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A "timeless" (pun intended) piece of history and, now, art, Val! Love your "travel" layouts wherever you might go! Love the detail in this one!

    ReplyDelete