Pages

Wednesday, 16 October 2013

ADORED

Hello Everyone,

I have  a couple of quick things for you today...

First of all it is Wednesday which means the new sketch challenge is up at  Let's Scrap and this week it is a card sketch.


So if you would like to play along, go and have a look at the inspiring projects from the DT and submit your card or layout too.

Yesterday I had the opportunity to go to one of our local Scrapbook Suppliers for one of their retail classes. They hold them every so often for shop owners and teachers to attend. It was my first one and I have to say I really enjoyed it. This class was taught by Liane van Harn and you can visit her blog HERE - she really has loads of eye candy to look at.


I don't know why I didn't take a photo of her layout but you can see it on the stand behind her...

Here is the layout that I did. I am sorry that I changed it Liane... but I did :)


This layout was made with just Bazzill Cardstock and washi tape from Liane's and my stash. The blue paper was cut smaller than the yellow to leave a little border all the way around. The damask pattern is a stencil with a bit of Tim Holtz distress glitter added to the gesso whileit was still wet. Then left to dry.. The photo mats were cut and the scallop at the bottom was a scalloped piece of cardstock.

Here are some close-ups of my layout.


I made the banner with different washi tapes in the yellow, blue and orange. The big orange dots came out of the scalloped border, I added diamond glaze to them too.


The flowers, were added then the little bows and I have stuck two hat pins through the knot. I also added some leaves. The title was just painted black and left. 


 The quote was added as well, stamped in black ink. It says ' The world of reality has its limits, but the world of imagination is boundless. '

My journalling on the back of the layout says. 

I just adore you little guys. It always amazes and amuses me when people come to visit and they can't tell the difference between you. To me you are all so different in looks and in character too. So I always explain to people ... 
Pixi is the oldest at 10, and she has had her tail docked (when it was still allowed and I have to just say I am so happy that they have stopped this practice), she is also called the 'puppy police' because when the others start playing rough and noisy she snaps at them, all the while keeping her eyes on me looking for approval at her good work, as if to say 'just stop it now, behave'. She is just the sweetest dog and she had me to herself for many years before the intruders came and now she has to share me...
After Dexter died we wanted to get a friend for Pixi because she was lonely especially when we went out - so we went in search of a mate. We found one - well more like two - we just could not leave one behind so we came home with Butch and Holly, they are brother and sister and are 6. They are as different as chalk and cheese. Butch is very similar to Pixi in colouring, but being a boy he is lazy and his ears don't stand up. No matter what we tried and I think it is kind of cute. Butch has an identity crisis I think, I mean who calls a Yorkie Butch? My DH does that's who. He thinks he is king of the castle and is the most affectionate of the four of them. He loves to climb onto your chest in the morning, while we have tea in bed, and give you lots of kisses.  Holly is the littlest of my babies and she is almost all black. Her hair never broke and is still dark and a bit curly - looks a bit like fluffy cotton wool. She is our cuddle bug and loves to be cuddled and loved and will always lie on her back for a tummy rub. She has these big dark brown eyes and always looks like she is going to cry. I think she is secretly the cheeky one.
Then there was Karma. We had no intention of getting any more dogs until we went to our holiday home in Uvongo two years ago and I saw her in the pet shop. I went to see if she was pure bred and the owner told me she was but that she had been sold. I went home feeling very sad, however, two days later she was still there and the lady in the store told me no-one had come to get her so I paid for her there and then and arranged to meet the breeder at the vet to get her papers, jabs and chipped. We brought her home on the plane... To say the others were completely disgusted at her arrival is an understatement. :D
Karma is the naughtiest of all my dogs and she is training the others to follow in her footsteps. She is also the prettiest, the cutest and the most photogenic. She is such a character and you just can't stay mad at her for long.
Now you know why I adore them all. They bring me infinite pleasure and joy. They rule the roost here and are spoilt rotten and I don't care. :D

Thanks for stopping by to take a look and for leaving so much love. I really appreciate and even look forward to your visits. 




14 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Val, they are ALL adorable. How could you not love them to death. That picture of Karma, on the left, is just too precious. She must know that she's posing for the camera. I'm so glad I came to visit your site to see and read all about them. I'm sure they bring boundless joy to your household. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet banner!! Love it!!! Now about your gluing the paper down - hope you are doing that AFTER all the MM treatment & starting off with thick or watercolour paper. It may not be perfectly flat but as long as it looks good in the plastic sleeve that's all you need worry about :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely introduction to your Fur Babies Val! Your page speaks of your neatness in your scrapping...Lovely flower cluster!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors on your LO! What a wonderful, bright and cheery combination! The damask elements are the perfect addition along with the flowers and the banner! Thanks so much for sharing about your sweet dogs! It's so fun how special each one is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A bright and vibrant page of pure happiness...how could you not be besotted with these little bundles of joy....we have had many over the years and the certainly do bring unconditional love. Great washi banner...gonna scrap lift that idea :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a gorgeous double layout, that blue back ground makes it all pop!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely page - I especially like the banner & that flourish...& I LOOOVE your journaling. We only have Wally, but I'm with you - he's spoiled rotten & I DON"T CARE either. Dogs give soo much - they should be spoilt in return:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cheery layout! I love the changes you made...makes it more your own. Great idea to use Washi tape bits for the banner.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely page Val. I have four dogs too and love them to bits! They all have different personalities and I call them my babies ! I would be lost without them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a fabulous page Val!!! Looooove your little pack of scamps, they are too gorgeous for words!! We only have two but even they are a handful so it's double that trouble for you!! I have to say though, dogs are never spoilt, they are just much loved!! Your pages are fabulous. Gorgeous colours and I love that banner, and of course your journalling too!! So precious!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh you should never apologise for changing a layout from a class! Make it yours I say! Love the bright, happy colours and the stenciling..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Currently a dog person, Val, I so thoroughly enjoyed your journaling on this layout--which is so pretty! I don't think you strayed far enough from the original that you needed to apologize! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great page Val! I love the vibrant mix of colours and those super doggie photies! This is a fabulously happy page and it certainly makes me smile!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, such a fun and colorful layout! I love that banner and the fun painting pieces. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete