Pages

Monday, 21 October 2013

BUSY LITTLE BEE :D


Hello Everyone

Welcome to a new week :) We have had a very wet and slightly chilly weekend this weekend and I managed to get SIX layouts done :D Don't worry I am not going to bombard you with them all at once but I do have one for you today which I managed to do for two challenges - I have always admired people who can do one layout for multiple challenges - now I have managed it too :D

So the first challenge is a fairly new site for me called Orange Paperie and Co and I am really happy to have found this site because not only is it some of my favourite scrappers but they also have some very cool challenges like this one which I love, and, their GDT this month is the fabulous Heather Jacob who is one of my scrapping icons and if you have not checked out her work you really should, you are missing out.

The challenge this month is Black and White with a splash of colour... What could be easier and nicer than that.

So I had a colour scheme - I needed a topic and a sketch and I knew just where to get it. Let's Scrap have some lovely sketches and this week they have a challenge to focus on You ... so often as scrappers we get left out of photos, stories and layouts....This was perfect for me as I have had some big life changes to focus on ...

Here is the sketch I used...


Here is my layout.


I used black and white  Bazzill cardstock and I had this leftover blue patterned paper in my stash. The journalling is on the little tag behind the photo and says:

Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans...
Just when I thought I had my life on a even keel and things would begin to settle down something came along and tipped it on its head. My son and his girlfriend found out they were pregnant. I am going to be a granny to - not one - but  two babies. I have always said I am not ready to be a granny yet, I need more time. I have just gotten used to the freedom of not having kids at home to worry about any more. For the first time in my life I can do what I want, when I want and why I want. I never felt like I was a good mother and I certainly felt like I would not be a good grandmother. Clearly nature had other plans. It only took me a little while to get my head around it and now I am so excited to meet this next phase of my life with arms wide open. I will give it all I have got just like I do with everything else. I am sure I will screw up but that's ok, I am not perfect but I am willing, and that has got to count for something. I wasn't a natural mother with my own kids, but when I look at them both I am proud of what I see and what I accomplished and I see no reason that I won't be the same with my grand kids. This is a journey that we are all taking together... and.... I can't wait. Bring it on!

Here are some close-ups...


I used a new Martha Stewart punch for the border and did some faux stitching on the blue pattern paper.. I added a net bow and two hat pins to the flower cluster and a couple of sprigs of black leaves.



I love this blah blah blah stamp :D I also added two fabric covered brads here. You can see the tag under the photo.


I love this new doily die of mine :D I also added a little punched butterfly and that is my layout done. Thanks for stopping by to take a look. I really appreciate your visits and the comments that you leave make my day. 





23 comments:

  1. A beautiful take on the sketch. Loving the monochromatic colouring.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Val ...so elegant! I love that doily punch too and your journaling as usual. And I can tell you being a Nanna is fantastic and you somehow manage to do things with them that you never had the time to do with your own kids. You will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a lovely LO! the colours are striking, yet delicate with the lace doily work! Hope you do take up PL for the impending twins... its perfect for using up scraps and lots of photos - and once you start.... you'll be hooked! LOL
    Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a lovely comment...its much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Firstly....your layout is gorgeous and what is even more special is your journalling. You are in for the time of your life...there is nothing like having grandbabies. Secondly....you are having a double blessing...congratulations my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's such a beautiful photo against a stunning setting Val!!! Looking at your kiddies I am certain you were a wonderful enough mom to them, and I am quite certain those twins will have the grooviest grandma on earth!!! Love the simplicity of this page...keeping the focus on you, lovely Lady...Big Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous layout ..... I love the colours :-)
    You are going to be a phenomenal granny ...... they're going to be 2 lucky little people.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this layout Val, truely beautiful...and so true about life...I always think of that song of Robby Williams...I talk to God and he laughs at my plans...how true!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is that doily a punch or a die? if it is a punch then that is impressive! I need one! LOVE it! Great take on the sketch and your use of black has such stunning impact.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful page Val, and as always honest and heartfelt words accompanying! Love the styling and your beautiful diecuts! Awesome page! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Val and such heartfelt journalling. So happy to have you join us at Orange Paperie and hope you treat us again with your beautiful work. And I bet you will make a wonderful Grandmother
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a classic and classy page Val, to celebrate the change in direction for your life. Like you, I never felt I was an especially good Mother, so the Grandchildren are an opportunity to correct past mistakes and to just enjoy their journey. Love that MS doily :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous work, Val! I am 100% positive you will be a wonderful Grandma! The best Grandma's are those who open their heart and shower love all around. Exactly the type of woman you are! How could you creative such beautiful artworks and writing such honest and from the heart journaling if you weren't? :) Babies are so amazing, best of all, you will have a wonderful new subject to scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the photo of you! I love the challenge & the sketch as well. LOVE the blah blah blah stamp!!!!!!! Too funny! Great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I REALLY like this one, too...I'm glad you played along the Orange Paperie...they're a LOVELY bunch of girls & have really fun challenges....that doily & edge punch....YUM...& the blah stamp looks FUN!!! Bring on the rest of them there pages...that's one BIG scrappy weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a great style for you I think! Love the bold and dramatic punchiness of it & the simplicity. Not easy but perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an amazing story! I wish you all the best for the next exciting step. Fab page too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous, as always...love the stick pins and the black. I LOL'd at blah blah blah. Hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  18. Another family keepsake, for sure, Val! I love all the black'n'white accented by that baby blue! And the blah BLAH blah stamp is great!!! But, here, the journaling tugs at my heart. Why, as women, do we never feel "good enough"? I feel the very same way, but, like you, when I see my son and daughter and who and where and what and how they are today, could I ever doubt my nurturing skills?! So far away, never having met in real life, yet our hearts are so very similar in so many ways, Val! Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats !
    And such a beautiful layout... Love the color palette. I have this edge punch and love it !
    (By the way, the punch you asked for was "round binding edge" by EK Success)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Have been trying for 3 days to get onto your blog Val .. seems I had an add-on that was stopping me from connecting to you so, unfortunately perhaps for you .. I'm back!! I love this page. Gorgeous photo of you and that blah stamp is so precious.. can I ask you where it's from?? Would love to have it!! Love your journaling as I always do and I bet you are going to be a fabulous Grandmother!! Love this page!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Val, thanks for playing along. I love how you've used the blue in this layout and that lace punch is to die for. As usual your journalling is inspiring. A beautiful page xx

    ReplyDelete