Pages

Tuesday, 22 October 2013

MY FAMILY

Hello Everyone,

I have another layout for you today :D This is one that I finished from the convention.  I changed this one quite a bit to fit my photos...but I love the way it came out.


My journalling (inside the little envelope) says:

This year has been a year of many changes in the Thorpe household. Some changes big and some changes small. One of the biggest changes is that my little family has grown by one, for now, with two more on the way. February in fact.  :) These changes have been embraced with open arms and whilst there has been a period of adjustment for all of us it has been a relatively painless transition. I am so lucky that Lin has adopted our family as her own, and that I have been given free reign to record this journey of theirs as well as that of the babies, and now the move to their new home, and she is very happy for me to make a record of it all for her. These photos were taken at the beginning of September when she was nearly four months. I am hoping that the bond between the three them will be strong and that they will all grow close, it will be a wonderful environment for the twins when they arrive and also for Stormies' kids when she has some. My wish for my family is to be a tight knit one where blood will always be thicker than water, and that they will always be there to help and support one another and that the cousins will be close. I love my family and I want for them what I had as a child with my moms side of the family.

Here are some close-ups of my layout.


I turned the corrugated card sideways because I could... I also swiped some gesso on the bits that were showing, and then added some random pieces builders tape.



At the bottom of the left page and the top of the right page I added some concertina black and white ribbon and attached it with a staple and tape, then put a flair button on the end.


The bottom right has the envelope which holds my journalling and I used a doily with some flowers, to create a little cluster, the big flower was punched from the script paper and then topped with a black flower and a coral brad to hold it all together. The last things I added were the little cork arrows... you can just see it on the edge of the bottom photo.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look. I love your visits :D



14 comments:

  1. Fabulous double-pager. I love the gessoed bits and the envelope. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so lovely Val. I still have to finish mine. Wow you really are a busy little bee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really nice - especially liking that corrugated board & the plasterer's tape....& isn't that just what we all wish & cross our fingers for? Hope it comes true for your mob:):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Six layouts over the weekend!!!!! I'll have what you're having!!!! Seriously though this is so beautiful...love the baby bump, the colour combo and the sweet journalling pocket. But you know my weakness Val; the words always win and with good reason; they are from the heart....fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwww, so cute. I really like how you added the gesso to create the pop of texture. Beautiful layout.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely layout and never seen that corrugated board in 12inch sheets. Would love to know where you bought that. If only it were just up to us to promote peace within families. While we all want it sometimes what happens is sadly out of our control. Hope everyone stays the best of friends. Definitely the most fun that way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at all the layers you have! It came wonderful :) Twins huh :D double the fun. My nieces are a show unto themselves. We find them very entertaining. Family is a wonderful thing.

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful layout, Val!!! Love the colours and the bits of builders tape - what a great idea, gotta get me some!!! Such sweet journaling too :-) I am glad you have free reign to document those babies every step of the way too, cannot wait to see the pages you will be coming up with!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow I have never considered using corrugated board for a layout and this is gorgeous...such lovely texture. Your words for your family are touching as I feel very similar about mine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is lovely, Val! LOVE the Gessoed corrugated background & the builder's tape adds such a cool texture. What a nice contrast the polka dots are & the chevron envelope is perfect! Brilliant journaling, as usual (and to think I seem to remember a time when you were hesitant to journal on you pages!) xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just a wonderful family page, Val, and I love it! I also love that you are comfortable with gesso and using it freely--it looks great here! Love the idea of the envelope, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad to hear you are doing the CC101 class. It really is fabulous and I use so many of the things learned in all my creations. The value for money is brilliant, considering you have access to the videos for life. Its kind of like having Tim in your studio while you are crafting. I too do not have R15000 to do the master class...trying to win the Lotto though...just in case...then I will go...gotta be in it to win it...minor technical glitch!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh that corrugated cardboard with the dramatic swipes of gesso is fab! My favorite part though is that little flower cluster by your journaling envelope. It's just so pretty!

    I am so looking forward to the announcement of the birth of these new little bitties!! Not long after, my first niece or nephew will be born to my younger sister (April!) and Ireland will have her first cousin on my side of the family. I couldn't agree more on your sentiment regarding the importance of a tight knit family. And your family is just absolutely lovely. Good job, mama. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow!! You have been so busy Val!! Another fabulous page. Love the gesso'd bits and that black and white concertina ribbon ... so cute!! Beautiful photos and beautiful journaling ,,, really heartwarming!! Fabulous!! ox

    ReplyDelete