Pages

Tuesday, 5 November 2013

FLY


Hello Everyone :D

I have another layout for you today :D

I was overjoyed to be asked by Jo Tritton to do a Guest DT spot over at Orange Paperie and Co this month and as it was Jo's turn to host the challenge she has opted for  a sketch challenge, but you also have to include some fussy cutting and die cuts.

Here is her sketch.


Here is my take on it...


Once again I didn't write the names of the paper range to bring with me so I can't tell you what it is but I can tell you that they are so pretty and I just loved the colours.

The quote in the die cut circle says : ' Spread your wings and let the fairy in you FLY'

My journalling (on the back of the layout says):

I wonder if you know how proud I am of you? I know I tell you often and you say 'ah thanks Ma' but I wonder if you really know or believe it. When you decided to  become a teacher you could have gone to one of the upmarket private schools and had a cushie job with privileged kids, but instead you chose to go to one of the government schools where you knew you were needed the most and where you could make a real difference. I have seen first hand your passion for your kids and how that passion is rewarded by the letters and messages that you get from them. That is something to be proud of. I see how your face lights up when you tell me stories from your classroom and I know that for you this is not just a job it is a calling. I hope that you never become disillusioned and jaded by the hardships that you encounter on a daily basis, in the classroom, and by the hardships that your kids experience each and every day just in order to get to school and to do their homework at night. I hope that you maintain your passion for as long as you wish to teach. I want you to know that you do make a difference. You make a difference to me too and I love you and I am more than proud to be your mom. I love you to the moon and back. xox

Here are some close-ups of my layout.



I die-cut the circles and the tags using my Nestabilities, one of my favourite tools in my studio. I used bakers twine to tie the tags. The little triangle arrows to lead your eye to the photo and the builders tape adds a little interest.


I used a punch to make the scalloped border and all of the little birds and trees were fussy cut from the paper and adhered to the layout some flat and some with foam tape. Lastly I added the little flowers.


I also added some buttons for interest. The title was painted and diamond glazed. I wanted to keep this layout clean and simple and fresh so that this photo of Storm is what hits you first, and I think that I achieved that. The photo was taken at our outing to the monkey sanctuary and it completely captures the essence of my baby girl.

Thank you so much to Jo Tritton for having me as a Guest Designer. This really was a lot of fun. :D




10 comments:

  1. This layout is gorgeous. Your daughter is a beauty and I can hear just how proud you are of her. Love your words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soft and spring like page for your DD...I love the little garden you created for her with the flowers, birds and trees....she sounds like a very special girl, with a social conscience and a true calling to make a difference for those less fortunate than herself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous girlie page...love this mix of colours and such sweet details! Super journalling as always, too! Gorgeous photo too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always, your journaling is FABULOUS.....love this page & I really like that sketch - it's WONDERFUL that you got to GDT for Orange Paperie...I Love the girls over there:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another absolutely beautiful layout, Val! Perhaps, especially, because this one comes from deep within the mother in you. You have every right to be proud not only of Storm, but of the job you have done in bringing her to make this amazing decisions about her own life! Cheers to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous layout & such beautiful journaling, Val....love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the GDT Val! You did a fantastic job!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the GDT Val! Such a great layout to GD with. Love those colors and the happy, clean look. Fabulous photo of your daughter too. She lights up beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gah. This made me a little teary-eyed. A mother's pride in her children is so fierce and I can see it in your journaling. Kudos to your girl for making a difference in the lives of children who may have little else for positivity in their lives. Gorgeous layout and stunning photo of your daughter, Val. Love this one. <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. PS. Holy moly does she look like her mama! :-D

    ReplyDelete