Pages

Monday, 4 November 2013

MY BOY


Hello Everyone :D

I have another new challenge for you and this one is for Scrap Africa and is
Sketch 23 Challenge.

If you haven't checked them out before then I suggest you go and take a look, they have really great challenges every couple of weeks... a sketch challenge and then another challenge that can be anything. There is loads of inspiration up on the blog from the DT too.


I loved working with this sketch it is such a great one. Here is my layout.


I am away from my studio and for the life of me I can't remember whose papers these are but I really, really love them and they were just perfect for these photos of my beautiful boy Hansa.

The quote on the layout says...
'In order to keep a true perspective of one's
importance, everyone should have a dog that will worship you
and a cat that will ignore you' :D
(Dereke Bruce)

This is so true for my boy who is now 4 years old and the most beautiful boy I know (and I am NOT biased) I got him from a friend who was looking for homes for some kitties and I wasn't sure how the dogs would take to him... to say they were unimpressed is an understatement :) However, they got over it and for the most part they just ignore him... all except for Karma... Hansa and Karma are the best of friends and they play together like two puppies, as long as the other three stay out of it. They will snuggle up together in one of their baskets or on the bed. Hansa also has a love affair with the two girl cats across the road and Quinton and Belinda both love Hansa but are convinced he is gay because of the way he plays with their two girls. I don't care :) Can cats even be gay?  I love my boy and the only time he will come to me for a cuddle is at night when we go to bed. He will often wake up in the night and play gently with my face as if he is looking for attention. He is just the sweetest and most beautiful boy. A real mama's boy :D.

Here are some close-ups of my layout.


I layered the strips of paper with washi tape just for some added interest. The cat was painted using a Tim Holtz dabber in gold and then inked with a dark brown Colour Box cats eye. I added two gems for eyes. I also fussy cut some of the flowers from the papers and layered them with other flowers.


I added another flower cluster at the top and treated the title the same way as the cat. The tags were made with left over paper and hold my journalling.


I also used some re-cycled packaging card from Prima and cut the butterfly out of the back of one of the papers.

My last DT layout for this month is my card for Black with 2

They have a gorgeous colour challenge for November.
This is another fun site to play along with and I can recommend checking it out if you haven't already.


Aren't the colours gorgeous. I chose to go with the bright red and the kraft colour. Here is my card for the challenge.


I made this card for a friends 50th. 

I made the card using black card stock and then covered the front with some newsprint that I had stamped some poppies onto. The hearts were cut on my Silhouette machine and then I ran the red one through my corrugating machine. I added lace and washi down the left hand side and then some bakers twine and on top of that a Petaloo flower. I chose to use the word Cherish for Cher and also decorated the inside of the card with another heart and some more paper. :D 

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog to take a look and for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate them. <3




14 comments:

  1. Val, your layout is stunning!!! And he is a beautiful boy indeed! Look at those eyes! I love the cat die cut you've used, very eye catching. Beautiful card as well, love the stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this sketch Val and would like to find time to have a play, not sure I will make it sadly. However, you have and have done a brilliant job....especially love the cat die and your fur ball is gorgeous. The quote is purrrfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an eyecatchin layout with Hansa the star of the show. Love your colour choices they seem to highlight his eyes and all your embellishments are super

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow what a magnificent boy .... loveeeeeeeeeeeeee him . your layout is equally magnificent , great choice of colors and loving your take on the sketch , truly awesome x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice creations! Beautiful kitty cat and very adventurous layout. Loving the layering and pattern mixing! And a gorgeous card too. I could put hearts on absolutely everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really, really lovely - both of them...that corrugating is fab on the card...the colours & yep, that sketch....you're right, it simply looks GORGEOUS to play with!!! Fabbo work, Val:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous boy! Love the papers you used. Great colours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving that page Val!!!! Your cat is AMAZING and so is you page! And that card is sooo elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous page Val and how gorgeous is your cat? So handsome!! Love your choice of colour and the wonderful layering!! Loving the card too ... stunning with that corrugated heart on the front. Love them both!!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the LO and the card - absolutely cute! I'm a cat (and dog) person as well, so can totally understand how you feel!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just love your take on this sketch and love the papers you used! That kitty chippie is just fabulous...and your journalling so true! Love that sentiment! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both project are gorgeous, Val, but I am all over that cat layout! Love that you included butterflies! And, isn't that quote just perfect! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! I love the layout and your card. the photos of your cat are absolutely amazing. You scrapped them beautifully and with such creativity here. Your take on the sketch is just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome card Val! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the little easel you used to photograph the card. Your little kitty is adorable. Love those colors together and I never would have thought of adding butterflies, but they work together fabulously. Just darling.

    ReplyDelete