Pages

Sunday, 3 November 2013

MY HAPPY PLACE


Hello Everyone

It is a beautiful day here in Uvongo the sun is shining, the sky is clear and I can hear the waves crashing against the shore. Just a perfect day for me:D

Today I have the new reveal for OUAS. This is a wonderful challenge site and if you have not played along in any of the challenges before I can really recommend that you do. Go and take a look at all the inspiration from the amazing DT. 

Here is the sketch for you to use.


Journalling Theme: "My Happy Place"
(Please remember that you need to include journalling )

Here is my layout for this challenge.


I wanted to keep my layout clean and simple this month because that together with the blessing I found and my photo is who I am. I love these papers by Authentique and they were perfect for my photo which I took from my 'Happy Place' out onto the bit of garden that I can see from my studio during one of our Highveld thunder storms. 

The journalling on the layout is a blessing and although it did not give any reference I think it is an Irish Blessing. It says:

May the sun bring you energy by day
May the moon softly restore your soul by night
May the rain gently wash away your worries
May the breeze blow strength into your being
May you walk through the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life.

The journalling on the little tag says...

My happy place is at home in my studio with my doors to the garden open,
 the skies black and the thunder rumbling.

My journalling on the back of the layout says.

I am not high maintenance and my needs are simple. I am happiest in my studio surrounded by the things I love, doing what makes me happy. I am blessed to have a wonderful craft room. Small and cozy and choc full of everything I need. I have double doors that I can open onto my garden and what I see is the beautiful big fever tree with the bird feeder. Always a hive of activity as long as there is bird seed aplenty. I love nothing more than a good thunder storm. The skies become heavy and black and the the light casts its warm glow on the houses around us. The thunder starts to roll and the heavens open and the rain begins to fall washing away the dust and dirt and leaving the whole place looking clean and fresh and beautiful. I can't tell you why it soothes me but it does. I can often be found at the window watching the rain in silent contemplation. This is my happy place.

Here are some close ups of my layout.


Here is a close up of my journalling and the bracket with points to the photo. The title was created using rub-ons for the MY and PLACE and chipboard for the HAPPY.


This close-up shows the photo with the colours and the rain, and also the layering. I created just a little flower cluster.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look. I want to thank you for taking the time to leave a comment I really love reading them :D


13 comments:

  1. Love the photo and the way you have scrapped it. Sounds like a beautiful happy place to be
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout. I know just how special times are spent in my craft room and you put into words so much of how I feel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous layout! Love the subtle pops of yellow & green against the black & white...so impactful. I bet you love hanging out in that amazing craftroom of yours! I'm not a fan of thunder & rain like you are, however...I'm a sunshine girl, but from now on I will always think of you when it storms. xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing better than a dark, heavy sky ..... followed by the downpour :-) It's one of my absolute happiest places to be too.
    Very pretty layout too.
    Lots of love

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely sentiments & nice crisp layout. I'm just like you - just need my scrap room & I'm happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the journalling on your page is an Irish blessing too...I can remember my Mother saying it. Love the crisp clean lines of this and the serenity in the photo. Your words about your happy place bring it to life and having seen photos of your rooom, I can fully understand why it's your Happy place :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this Val, and great choice of papers x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply. Stunning. Think that sums it's up:):):) new fave, new fave:):):)!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely page Val. Beautiful photo and the feelings you describe are what I used to feel in a thunder storm. Now they frighten me and I have no idea why. Silly I guess. Anyway, your page is stunning and the blessing so beautiful!! Love it!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful page Val and love the clean lines! Love the journalling too and is so in line with the simplicity of your page! For me there is also nothing better than to come home and feel that you are surrounded by all the things that make you happy!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's lovely :) so clean. Just love it.

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  12. Val, I just love this layout and so understand it! This photo is perfect. The quote is perfect. But, that tiny tag in the lower left-hand corner says it all!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the simplicity of this Val! How did you mat that photo? Is it inked? Lovely. I also really like the title work and how you turned the word "my". I am totally going to scraplift that idea - hope you don't mind. Another fabulous layout!

    ReplyDelete