Pages

Saturday, 2 November 2013

MY ROOM

Hello Everyone,

Well it is the beginning of November already (where did the rest of the year go?) and I have a few layouts and challenges for you but I am only doing one now and one tomorrow and so on for the next few days. I know I should have pre-scheduled them but time kind of snuck up on me :D We are at our holiday home at Uvongo and dear Papa Si installed a computer for me with a 3G card which has already run out once today :/ I think once we get it set up it will be better and this will all run a little more smoothly. :D So please bear with me.

Today is Saturday and that means there is a new Case File out at CSI and it is also the first reveal with the new DT members. I can highly recommend that you go over and take a look at all the eye candy in the gallery.


I love the bold dramatic colours of this case file. Here is my layout.


Here is how I solved the case...

Scheme  - the colours are all there.
Evidence -Mesh, clock, frame, flowers, gold metal.
Testimony - Journal about a favourite room...
I have put a few quotes about home around my layout.

My journalling on the back says :D

I have chosen to do a layout of my favourite room because I think that this story needs to be told. It is the story of My Room but not in my house. Most people know that my youngest brother lives in Ireland with his family. I also try to visit them every year because I miss them and I miss seeing my nephews grow. I visit them for anything from one to three months and they are always so happy to welcome me into their home. Really they are and if this story doesn’t prove that then nothing will. :D
I have three brothers and I always wanted a sister, so much so that I dressed my middle brother, who was the right size, in some clothes that I got from a life size doll. I took him into town dressed as a little girl. He must have been around three at the time.  He wasn’t very impressed and complained a lot about the fact that the dolls shoes pinched his feet. Well I never got a sister but I did get a sister-in-law that I love like a sister. I find it hard to put into words how much I love Ali. She is the sister that I got to choose for myself and I could not have chosen better.
When I go and stay with them Jack ,normally, gets kicked out of his room and Ali always goes to so much trouble to make it a room just for me. These photos were taken of my room on my last visit. All of Jack’s stuff was taken out and God knows where they put it because the houses in Ireland are SO small. The room got a lick of paint, new curtains, new bedding and Ali sourced an old desk with two drawers and a shelf which she painted for me in the colours of the room… Beige and White. She then painted a tree branch and birds in soft colours that would compliment the room. Wicker baskets were put in the holes for the drawers, she also managed to find a bedside table which was painted to match the dressing table with a matching wicker drawer. A beautiful lamp and small wicker basket, with some books she thought I would enjoy were set on top. On the one wall was a beautiful watercolour that she painted especially for my room. On the small bit of wall above the wicker chair, which was painted white was a beautiful birdcage and inside was a little vase of flowers. A rug, clothes rail and mirror completed the room. She had also got special towels for me as well as a welcome gift. Can anyone get more spoilt than that?
I was overwhelmed when she opened the door for me and I can’t tell you how special she makes me feel. I love my sister more than anything in the world and I miss her so much and I can’t wait to see them again next year. I was hoping to see them in Feb for my brothers 50th but with the arrival of the twins at the same time.. I don’t think it will happen. 

Here is a close up of my layout.

I created a torn L on the left hand side of the layout using strips of washi tape, builders tape and torn paper. I added the photos and then a few fussy cut flowers. I drew a frame around the whole layout with black pen and added the die cut leaves to the flowers.

Thanks you so much for stopping by to take a look, I love to read the comments that you leave for me.




12 comments:

  1. That is sooo special, Val - you are soooo lucky to have such a wonderful SIL...I only have one bro & he's over 50 & single...so I NEVER got the sister, the daughter OR the SIL....I'm female-less!!!!! Well, I have got Mum, so that's a blessing...anwyays...I digress...again!!! LOOOOVE those flowers & most of all I love the almost rounded shape that draws the eye 'around' the room. Stunner:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love this page Val!! Beautifully put together. How lucky are you to have such a sweet SIL, I can understand why you love going over to visit, and she obviously enjoys your visits too or she wouldn't go to all that trouble. Lovely story and stunning page!!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a striking layout! Great design!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the page! Such a beautiful shot of your special room in the family and how your SIL had made the effort to make your room comfortable for your stay. Beautiful page!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely page and wonderful journalling too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your page! The colors are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A spectacular page Val....the design, the muted photo and the creative use of the colours, just make this pop.....and then there is that wonderful journalling!!!! How lucky are you to have a SIL who is so loving and welcoming...you must indeed feel very welcome and super special. I have a SIL who is like that and it's such a blessing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ilove the bold and dramatic colour scheme. What a wonderful welcome when your loved ones goes to so much trouble to make you feel at home. That is very special.

    ReplyDelete
  9. First off I laughed at your little brother saying the doll shoes pinched his feet! Too funny Val :) What is it with big sisters and their little brothers? I did that to my bother, put my Communion dress on him veil and all. My daughters polished my son's nails much to my hubby's joy :p

    What a wonderful show of how much you are loved :) There's nothing better than that feeling.

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that is quite some SIL and even more so poor Jack who got ousted from his room! What a great story.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely layout! You are such a great story teller too!! Ooooh Ireland is beautiful - wish I could go more often!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a special page Val and made with so much love! It is fabulous and the design gorgeous! Your sister in law sounds awesome and you are lucky to have her, as she is you.... ;-)

    ReplyDelete