Pages

Thursday, 14 November 2013

SISTERS

Hello Everyone

I have a project to share with you today that I have used for TWO challenges... Yes you read right, and I am hoping that I have done this right...

SO... the first challenge is Lucy Muraca's  YSMY challenge where she sends the same photo to everyone and then we get to see the way that everyone else scraps the photo. I love to see the different takes on this and I have played along a couple of times and this month I had time to play again.

Here is the photo that she sent us.


I cropped the photo in tight and changed it into sepia because it went with my papers (Prima - Tea Thyme)
 better.

Then I wanted to enter the Prima BAP Challenge. 
I have watched this challenge for a long time now and not felt good enough to enter but this time I thought 'what the hell' in for a penny, and so I did it. I have loads of Prima Product and I love it.

Here is the BAP sketch.


Ok... so I loved the soft pretty-ness of this sketch and because I only had one photo and I only wanted to use one I decided to make a wider photo mat and then it kind of took on a life of it's own :)


Here is my layout.


My journalling on the back of the layout says:

Downton abbey is one of my favourite TV shows. I just love that era especially if you were born into the upper class. I love the homes, the clothes, the cars, the lifestyle where teas are served under the trees in proper china cups and sauces, with cucumber sandwiches cut into triangles. Where you dressed for dinner, manners were the rule and not the exception, and courtship was sweet and proper. The women were so elegant in their beautiful dresses and gloves and stockings, and the men so handsome in their suits and hats. A time when you learned piano, horseriding and the art of entertaining. I love the idea of it and I am sure that the reality was completely different :D

Here are some close-ups of my layout.


I just love these papers  :) I did some fussy cutting - something I don't often do because I don't really like it, but it seemed perfect for here. I added some of the bigger Prima flowers and leaves and then put in a couple of other flowers. Lastly I added the hat pins.


I also added this dress form which I found my stash. I coloured the stand brown and diamond glazed and covered the body with some of the paper, the 36, ribbon and rose were added too. The lace down the side is two different kinds and was perfect. The pearls just finish it off.


I put more flowers at the top and also covered a photo corner with paper and added it. The final touch is the little lightbulb that says us. The whole layout was added to a dark green background to bring out the leaves of the flowers on the paper.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look. I appreciate the time you take to leave a comment and I truly love reading them.





10 comments:

  1. What an absolutely lovely layout Val. I love the elegance of it and what beautiful papers . I don't know how you can say you were uncertain whether you were good enough to join a challenge! By the way I am a huge fan of Downton Abbey but do find some of the rules for women in those days was ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh! That image would get me scrapping like crazy too....that era is just gorgeous ...but yeah, probably not in reality:):):))) love that you've done the BAP...I'm still at the looking stage......with my slight flower phobia it ain't gonna go past that stage for a while, methinks!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous page Val and so pleased that you finally entered the Prima BAP challenge. You created a very elegant and regal page, which fits so perfectly with that super photo! Beautiful lace and blooms....makes for a beautifully, soft page! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, feminine and elegant....the papers and flowers really enhance the soft colours of the photo and the dress form is a lovely touch...in some ways it would have been wonderful to have lived in that era, I probably would have been below stairs, scrubbing the pots and pans!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, absolutely beautiful!! And such a gorgeous pic...you've scrapped it perfectly, Val :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your gorgeous page, Val! I just started watching Downton Abbey and got absolutely HOOKED on it! I think I watched the first 3 seasons in 3 nights, that's how much I couldn't stop watching!!! Your layout is stunning and the photo of the 3 sisters is awesome, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful...you are more than good enough to enter your pages for Primas build a page...and here is the proof.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW this is my favourite layout of yours ever Val! I just love everything about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this page Val!! So soft and feminine and pretty!! We really only hear about the romantic side of this era I think, so you're probably correct to say it would have been totally different. With my luck I would have been destitute and in the poor house!! LOL! This is a stunning page and I'm sure you'll do really well in the challenge!! ox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Val this is so gorgeous! It's so soft and pretty and just beautiful! That challenge sounds fun because it's so amazing to see how different people's creativity goes in different directions even with the same starting point! I am so totally with you about that era, sometimes I think I belong in it! My parents are English and so I feel a strong connection to anything British and I really agree with you, back then manners meant everything, and there was so much respect for one another. And of course being that rich would have been fun, although they have their share of heartaches too! You did a great job! Your work is always gorgeous so no worries there! Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete