Pages

Saturday, 9 November 2013

SMILE


Morning Everyone :D
It is Saturday and I have the new CSI to share with you.


Because it is the second week of the month we also get a sketch to work with from Em Starface, she has really cool sketches - you can check her work out over at Page Drafts if you ever need a kick start, this is a good place to go. :D

Here is my layout. Which I am also entering into the challenge over at Scrapki-Wyzwaniowo


Here is how I solved the case...

Scheme - the colours are all there.
Evidence - Leaves,fabric, wood, chevron, diamonds, something shiny,transparent.
Testimony - Repetitive journalling, Cheddar X Inspiration (what is the best part about spring).

The text around the layout says...
'When I see a bird that walks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck - I call that bird a duck... read all about it.'

The story on the back of the layout says...

Spring is my favourite time of year, the days are getting a bit longer, and warmer, and the dreariness of winter is taking its leave. It is a time of renewal and re-birth the garden comes alive again after months of sleeping.
The first rains of the season come and wash away the grime of a long winter. The clouds are black and heavy with rain, the thunder rolling and the lightening dancing in the sky, the heavens open up and soak the thirsty earth and often as quick as it came it’s gone and it leaves in its wake a beautiful rainbow over my neighbours house.
There is nothing nicer than the smell of the earth after a good rain, everything is clean and all the dust is gone. The trees are getting their new shoots and my garden is a riot of colour, birds in the fever tree chattering away and building nests and butterflies flitting from one flower to another.
The Egyptian geese from the complex next door have had their babies in our complex for the last two years... clearly they like it. This year they were looking to lay in my garden and they tried desperately but the dogs were having none of it. Between the racket of the geese and the barking of the dogs it was mayhem, but they were determined and they laid somewhere close by because one day I saw them walking down the road past my house. The cutest sight ever - daddy, mommy and five perfect babies. All was forgiven and I could not help but smile and the site of them waddling around, AND I managed to get photos :)...
A dedicated scrapper goes NOWHERE without a camera...:)

Here are some close-ups of my layout.


I can't do round photos or any cut photos, must be from the first time I saw scrapbooking and all the photos were cut into shapes, stars, circles, silhouette and so on. (I know I need to get over it - but not today :D) So I incorporated the circles in a different way, cut and mat using my nestabilities and then added bling for the 'something shiney'.


I used gesso and a diamond stencil on the background page and kept it white on white for a clean look.


The flowers were added at the end and layered over skeleton leaves and gauze and builders tape. The buttons were added just to continue the circle them.. My wood is the SMILE title. 

I love working with Em's sketches and I loved the colours and theme of this case file. Thanks so much for stopping by to take a look. The comments you leave always make my day.
Have a great weekend :D





18 comments:

  1. THANKYOU...I'd forgotten I've got some of those skeleton leaves..must get them out...fully understand the circle thing. I'm a recovering circle phobic gal....LOOOVE your colours, your photo & that owl paper! Nice one:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looove what you did with this sketch, Val! Gorgeous layers and love how you wrapped your journaling around the page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! I so love this page and the colours are amazingly vibrant against the white background. Your journalling is wonderful Val, well done. I very rarely cut my photos into shapes either, so this was challenging for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous layout. I actually like doing layouts with photo's cut in circles , but you have done a fantastic way around not liking to cut photo's in circles ,but still including circles it into the layout. The photo is so cute and your journalling is just beautiful, it took me on a journery through the season
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Val this turned out to be such a sweet page! I am in love with everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how crisp this is on the white base - looks amazeballs!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so over cutting photos into shapes from when I first started scrapping...hate those pages and threaten to re-do them (with what time I ask?) so I can relate. Love the page and know their racket they make...they are in my neighbours garden as we speak...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love, love this page! Love the papers, love the styling and love the sweet photo's! Fabulous page Val! You have just reminded me that I have some of these papers too, or similar, I am almost sure it's Hampton something or other! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI..This looks wonderful.. I love how you have the bird theme in your papers..love the chevrons buttons and circle embellishments.. It seems these days the smaller the photo the better, but I am still a big photo kinda gal!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Val, love this page, beautiful colors! Those little owls look great! Thanks for playing along at Scrapki Wywaniowo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely page, love the details. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  12. I remember seeing these photos in a prior post...but just as photos. You have done them great honor in this layout. Love all the texture, too, especially the white on white!! Nicely played, Val!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I didn't know you were anit-photo cutting! LOL! Learn something new everyday. Such a great layout, I just love all the texture especially that diamond stencil (think I need one now :)) What cute little photos to scrap! Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow. This looks amazing! I really love the cute owls. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. A beautiful interpretation of the challenge Val....I thought I'd left some love here, but it's not to be seen. Not quite sure how that happens. Anyway, your salute to spring and emerging life is superb...the patterned paper is perfect and your journalling is a joy to read :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great colours, I love this shadow of green! And beautiful composition - big circles, flowers, buttons... Good job :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous page Val!! Love the bird theme, so cute with the owls and the colours are wonderful!! Simply gorgeous!! ox

    ReplyDelete